Meh day morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,861
edited April 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin

Late(ish) start as working from Telford branch today before the final budget presentation on Tuesday

So today is meh, followed by an overnight despite being 20 miles away from home, sure beer will be involved - like yesterday :D

Comments

• welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

had a good weekend, great ride yesterday :) except I did this:
    1374843_620406301371821_3347204187998571785_n.jpg

and today I ache like feck :lol:

other than that, nothing much to report

laters
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Today i will mainly be smelling like a wheelie bin fire.

Good weekend was had but paying for it now.

Kev, that pringle your holding, did it come with bruises?

Toodles
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Kev, that pringle your holding, did it come with bruises?

not as many as you'd think. I literally did a front flip and landed on my back. my camel back took most of the impact, just lots of aches as I'm an old fart :lol:

according to strava I went from 34kmh to stop pretty quickly :lol:
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning all,

Slight ache today, did swimming and twrch in one day and this tells me my fitness though not terrible is not what it should be....

Kev that looks like some skills to mash a wheel up like that, is it your new way of emergency stopping :P

Laters
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    welshkev wrote:
    I'm an old fart

I knew it!

Morning fools,

Some barstard has given me their lurgy. Not impressed.

Not working til 1pm so should probably cut the lawn or something useful, but will most likely sit around feeling grumpy.

Laters
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

I had a couple of mates come down to do Rapha's sportive thingy yesterday, mix of offroad and onroad stuff. Rode down to the start with them so they could find it, then when I saw the route and noticed I had an hour and half before I needed to be on the farm I rode the first 1/4 of it with them as it was mostly back to my house and the last 1/3 too after farmy stuff as it was pretty much from my house to the finish. Was rather nice, the offroad stuff on the roadie was interesting, fairly tame by MTB standards but without offroad geometry and with 23mm tyres it was a challenge. Fortunately I avoided trashing my wheel like Kev has managed, good work!

Today is monging around, then farm stuff, then more monging/bikes. Win.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Happy Monday one and all.
    Nice sunny day out there, ears were a bit chilly though due to the sudden lack of hair around them. Nothing exciting to report other than tomorrow is Friday as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm sure that rim'll straighten with a couple of turns of a spoke key Kev. Somehow my son did that to a rear wheel at Swinley a while back when he rode into a tree. I still haven't worked out how.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning clunge hunters.

Today is a good day as the sun is out and I'm off until next week, in fact I've been off since last Tuesday :mrgreen:

This morning I have to source a heating element for the oven and then maybe a ride later :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136
    Morning etc.

Just over a week to go until I fly to SA to take part in Joberg2C - excited!
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Nice pringle Kev.

Evening Wierdos,

Today has been tedious but I'm 'working from home' tomorrow so I can get my car air con sorted. Cue some peace and quiet from moaning minions but not free coffee. So mixed feelings...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola beeatches!

Quiet day at work, cake making colleague bought some lovely cake in, i only had one bit as i am a good lad me!

Loving the pringle Kev, what's it going to be when you have finished with it?

Tarrar!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er