North of England Trail Choice

kesher
kesher Posts: 44
edited April 2014 in Routes
I intend to stay at a B&B for four or five days from this Monday 14th April. Two trails I have in mind are either Gisburn or Dalby forest. Opinions on these choices at this time of year or any other suggestions would be appreciated.

THANKS

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    If you get a B&B around the Kendal area you have Gisburn, Grizedale and Whinlatter all within an hours drive, 2 of the 7 Stanes within about 90 minutes plus some of the best natural riding in the UK. Nothing wrong with Dalby but it isnt worth 4 days in my opinion.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    I'd stay in Keswick and do Whinlatter, back of Skiddaw, Borrowdale Bash etc.....the opportunities are endless.
  • dusk
    dusk Posts: 583
    I did half of Whinlatter and quite liked it, I thought Dalby was rubbish and had no flow
    YT Wicked 160 ltd
    Cotic BFe
    DMR Trailstar
    Canyon Roadlite
  • I did ride incorporating the first and last sections of Grizedale North Face and the Low Parkamoor descent recently. Great day out worth it purely for the view over Coniston and the ride down to High Nibthwaite. North Face as a whole is best avoided though I believe.
  • lg18
    lg18 Posts: 92
    What Stubs said, 100%

Lucy