VTech wager thread

Yellow Peril
Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
edited April 2014 in The bottom bracket
In the it's kicking off in******thread. VTech in a spat with Nathancom offered a wager. The wager concerned whether VTech had ever suggested that all unemployed people on benefits are not after work. I found a thread with aVTech comment relating to benefits which stated...

I'm not knocking the unemployed. I just prefer to pay for mine and my families consumption.

I would aver that this comment does in fact suggest that the unemployed are not after work as it suggests that they are expressing a preference.

I think I've ticked the box to win the prize am I right? VTech dismisses this without reasons.
@JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition

Comments

• pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    VTech does seem to spend a lot of time promoting his -evidently hard-earned - success and spending a lot of time denigrating everyone else he comes across as a money-grabbbing ne'er do well, or likely as not to jump his bone 'cos he's rich. The "I started with nothing and look at me now, everything I have I've grafted for and every one else is a lazy b(*tard on the make [especially if you are unemployed]" runs a bit thin at the best of times, if only because we've heard the same nonsense from Fred Goodwin, Bob Diamond, et.al. And if you are advertising jobs for technicians in which they will be making a great salary (as we've been told) you must be very, very unfortunate in your HR process; at the salary levels indicated, VTech should be able to pick and choose; if the first 3 questions they ask are about money and holidays, then the failing is with VTech's HR manager, not the candidates. Any decent process would eliminate those who think like that long before they get through the door.
  • Yellow Peril
    Hopefully he will redeem himself and honour the wager.
    @JaunePeril

• pliptrot
    pliptrot Posts: 582
    I do hope so. VTech is nothing if not entertaining, whic is the main function of forum posting, I suppose. I do enjoy reading his posts, and the reactions they provoke.
  • Yellow Peril
    pliptrot wrote:
    I do hope so. VTech is nothing if not entertaining, whic is the main function of forum posting, I suppose. I do enjoy reading his posts, and the reactions they provoke.

I agree. He has an opinion, it isn't to everyone's taste but he is entertaining. However, he threw out the challenge and it was met. He needs to show he is a man of honour and not straw.
    @JaunePeril

This discussion has been closed.