Dangerous media - Cyclists vs The Tattooed

Ringpeace
Ringpeace Posts: 105
edited April 2014 in Road beginners
Be warned - I am coming from the fascists that wrote this, IMO dangerous, hate filled and scaremongering article.

The reason I have titled it so is because I am certain, that if this was written with The Tattooed as the "enemy" there would be a petition set up within minutes, and ironically, signed, albeit virtually by thousand of "inked".

The comments on this article are truly scary IMO. There appears to be no future for us cyclists when we are considered worse than paedos to a lot of people.

I am the first to admit I see a lot of "bike riders" - not cyclists - showing complete idiotic behaviour. But this guy is a bell end of the highest order. Major "Crime" - someone on their phone on an empty cycle path!

I have just returned from Denmark and like the most of Scandinavia cyclists have priority on the road. The roads are well maintained, have PROPER cycle lanes and lights. The majority of people actually cycle and the minority wear a helmet.

It was like being on a different planet! I am terrified of my daughter riding on the roads in this country on her own all down to the mentality and state of the roads.

We need to stand up and be counted I think.

Oh yea - you might want the incendiary article - please comment and advise for a petition. I. for one, am sick of getting treated like worse than a paedo!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2600627/Cyclist-outraged-fellow-riders-bad-habits-installs-helmet-camera-catches-jumping-red-lights-cutting-motorists-using-mobile-phones.html

Cheers guys. Apologies if already posted...

Comments

• KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Ringpeace
    KevChallis wrote:

Fair enough and thanks.

I guess I wanted a few more people to be as indignant - as a DM reader - as I am - lol!

If the apathy is so endemic - well - what's the point?

The roads, that I pay council tax for are an utter joke where I live. The road I live on is 30 Mph but average speed is at least 40 from motorists. Just to get from one traffic light to another - 1/2 a mile max.

Worth it.

I'll just crawl back under my stone... LOL! x
  • Ringpeace
    Embarrassing to think that some tatt t*** would be more offended - as I know they would.

What can you say?..../......
  • owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    It is just the Daily Mail putting a typical Mail spin on a film, taken, by one of us cyclists, showing a bunch of people, mostly on bicycle shaped objects, behaving like pillocks. If you don't like the article don't buy the Daily Heil, if you don't like the film then it is difficult to know what to recommend as I assume it reflects the true fact that, horror of horrors, some people who ride bikes are complete idiots. Probably in proportion to the number of people in the general population who are complete idiots.
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    This one again? There must be a dozen threads on this forum alone. There are hundreds of similar videos out there, how come this one has gotten so much attention? It's not even that good.
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    The guys jacket getting caught in the front wheel is pretty good.