And isn't that silly.

Now go buy a Raleigh. They are awesome.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Your a moron beyond help, Never heard of a crossover? Are there no 2WD 'cars' called SUV's, check out the Pontiac Aztec if you must!

I'm now out.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 33whitey
    33whitey Posts: 19
    I'm new here, what a great first read :)

My dad does about 5k miles a year of mixed riding on £75 rigid mtb's like this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_770971_langId_-1_categoryId_165499#tab1 and they normally last 2 years before the BB, Wheel Bearings or Headset go. Throw away and repeat as he has done 5+ times .

May be this would be a good option for the OP before moving on.
  • rubez
    rubez Posts: 323
    SUV's are people carriers, they are designed to carry people. Its drivetrain is irrelevant.

Calling a MTB a 'hybrid' just because it has crappy tyres on is retarded! So, I pop chunky tyres on, and now I have a different type of bike? :|
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    rubez wrote:
    SUV's are people carriers, they are designed to carry people. Its drivetrain is irrelevant.

Calling a MTB a 'hybrid' just because it has crappy tyres on is retarded! So, I pop chunky tyres on, and now I have a different type of bike? :|

So are you still going for the Raleigh Rubez? It seems all the advice you get given you are disscounting and carrying on doing you own thing i.e. spoiling for an arguement!

PS you are definately a Troll, you keep coming back for more!
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    SUVs are not people carriers. People carriers are people carriers, usually any cars/van with big internals where you can add a few more seats.

Do you know what SUV even stands for? It's an American term not really used in the UK.
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    SUVs are not people carriers. People carriers are people carriers, usually any cars/van with big internals where you can add a few more seats.

Do you know what SUV even stands for? It's an American term not really used in the UK.

It stands for two things, one phrase being North American the other the for rest of the world! Rubez will know both of them, he knows better all of the time but just likes asking for and discounting others opinions :lol:
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Do you know what SUV even stands for?

Stupid Unnecessary Vehicle.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Stupid unnecessary view = Rubez
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    brucie45 wrote:

It stands for two things, one phrase being North American the other the for rest of the world! Rubez will know both of them, he knows better all of the time but just likes asking for and discounting others opinions :lol:

You can explain things to him, you can't understand them for him.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    33whitey wrote:
    I'm new here, what a great first read :)
    Welcome to the forum. Please judge us by the ones who are trying to help rather than the one who's ignoring it all.
    33whitey wrote:
    My dad does about 5k miles a year of mixed riding on £75 rigid mtb's like this http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_770971_langId_-1_categoryId_165499#tab1 and they normally last 2 years before the BB, Wheel Bearings or Headset go. Throw away and repeat as he has done 5+ times .

May be this would be a good option for the OP before moving on.
    I can see merit to this idea, although the throwing away isn't strictly necessary. A bearing that "goes" may just be a bit short of grease.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Can i start this thread up again? It was brilliant! What did you go for Rubez?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Rubez has long gone - about the time this ridiculous thread died.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools