Rapha Roubaix

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    edited April 2014
    I like the pink, adds some life :)
    Like the custom cap too. Talking to a friend about him making a load for me (engineers workshop + loads of spare carbon from some Airbus wing bits)

What are the details and specs if you don't mind?

Just to save anyone clicking through

nx55.jpg
    zfm8.jpg
    hl66.jpg
    zw47.jpg
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • trixy372
    trixy372 Posts: 105
    Thanks sa0u823e it's been a long time coming!!
  • trixy372
    Thanks sa0u823e for some reason keeps sayin image too large!!
  • trixy372
    Bike is a 2011Specialized sl3 expert Roubaix, started life as Blue And White, wheels are profile design semi altair 52s, Bars are aero bar and stem from Trigon, brand new full ultegra 11speed groupset with 11/28 and compact chainset, I've also brought a 36/52 for race days!! Kustomcapz head cap, before anyone says why didn't I put Dura Ace on well after researching into the new Ultegra I've saved £500 and gained a amazing groupset, he brakes are unreal and it's as light as the dura ace!! Thanks to Carbon Bike Solutions in Moira Furnace for painting the bike, I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's a head turner that's for sure!! Thanks for takin a look and please feel free to leave your comments.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    that great, love it!
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    Outstanding! chapeau madam
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'm not averse to the pink but the Rapha logos are a bit OTT in my opinion.....Specialized will probably have a field day suing you if they see it too :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • trixy372
    The Rapha logo is only a sticker so can and will be removed arran77 as for specialized suing me?? Maybe Rapha but not Specialized as I've used their logo however I've had good feedback from Rapha on the bike!
  • Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Up there in the v cool dept!
    Bet it would look even nicer with slammed steerer ;)
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • trixy372
    Thanks Vandiesel it was slammed and will be again, I had my other bikes stolen recently and I've been out of the saddle for a month so I'm slowly easing my back back into it!! More pics to follow soon :)
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    sa0u823e wrote:
    I like the pink, adds some life :)

nx55.jpg

I see you have the shoes to go with it too :D
  • trixy372
    Hahahaha southdownswolf you gotta ride those new giro heels!! They give great power :)
  • tommo7567
    tommo7567 Posts: 95
    Crikey there'll be some Rapha haters out there having conniption fits right now, smashing their hands to bloody pulps on their keyboards :lol::lol:

That though, is seriously good. I love the way we modify our bikes and how they end up reflecting our personalities. I think your bike says a lot about you and you've created something special there...chapeau!

Sorry to hear about your bike thefts, but I'm sure that you'll soon be smiling again riding this.
  • neil.s
    neil.s Posts: 123
    That is really nice, well done.

:D
  • rokt
    rokt Posts: 493
    Very cool....loving the pink !
  • samsbike
    samsbike Posts: 942
    Despite my best efforts to dislike it I rather like it. I confess I don't have the courage to ride pink, but good for you. I presume that your gear somehow works with the bike's colour.
  • trixy372
    Thanks tommo7567 lol!! All the Rapha haters will come to appreciate it I'm sure hehe, lovin the Titanium ride, gutted about my bikes going missing and no bloody insurance due to new home and madness of movin and forgetting to change the details over!!! But I've just built and finished my new training bike a Giant SCR which complements this bike, pics to follow shortly!! Thanks agin for the comments!!!
  • trixy372
    Thanks Neil.S rapha lover I see :)
    Thanks Rokt :)
  • trixy372
    samsbike yep all Rapha kit just tryin to locate some Giro Empire Ltd edition black and pink! But your right about the pink, it's funny as I've ridden it 4 times now and each time I've gone out on it, it's like a red flag to a bull with people want to race me on it!! I need to get seriously fit hahaha :)
  • trixy372
    http://imageshack.us/a/img20/1262/6raj.jpg
    New training bike!!
    Giant SCR
    105 rear mech
    105 shifters
    FSA carbon triple chainset
    105 rear mech
    Fizik saddle
    Giant carbon seat post
    Giant carbon stem
    All cables over payed with black outer cable so no silver showing
    Mavic CX7 22 rims bomb proof!!
    Continental ultra tyres
    Ultegra pedals
  • trixy372
    http://imageshack.us/a/img856/2087/slyb.jpg
    The stealth Trainer and the Rapha Roubaix
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Spent the last few months considering a re paint of my tcr, think it needs to happen now after your current posts. I promise I'm not a copy cat the pink no matter how much I like it. May copy the Firefly multi colour for the forks and chain tube

The giro's are great, should you find them in pink, I doubt you will be disappointed
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • I like that alot, very different and works very well! 8)
  • tommo7567
    trixy372 wrote:
    http://imageshack.us/a/img20/1262/6raj.jpg
    New training bike!!
    Giant SCR
    105 rear mech
    105 shifters
    FSA carbon triple chainset
    105 rear mech
    Fizik saddle
    Giant carbon seat post
    Giant carbon stem
    All cables over payed with black outer cable so no silver showing
    Mavic CX7 22 rims bomb proof!!
    Continental ultra tyres
    Ultegra pedals

WTF!! No pink? FFS...get a grip...you've gone down in my estimations Trixy! :lol::wink:
  • tommo7567
    trixy372 wrote:
    Thanks tommo7567 lol!! All the Rapha haters will come to appreciate it I'm sure hehe, lovin the Titanium ride, gutted about my bikes going missing and no bloody insurance due to new home and madness of movin and forgetting to change the details over!!! But I've just built and finished my new training bike a Giant SCR which complements this bike, pics to follow shortly!! Thanks agin for the comments!!!

That's a bummer about the insurance, but it is good that you're getting things back together, and in some style by the looks of things too!

I first saw my Ti on the Kinesis stand at the NEC bike show and it was instant 'manlove' :lol: , I then showed my wife the Enigma Elle and although she's no roadie, she quietly stood and gave it some adoring looks for a while....I'm guessing it would suit your tastes too.....http://www.enigmabikes.com/products/elle

Paul
  • Really loving the look of that. Great job.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky