What's this creature I've found in my pond?

craker
craker Posts: 1,739
edited April 2014 in The bottom bracket
2014-04-04%2018.32.55.jpg

Its face is like a frog but with a great big glutinous chin. Odd, chunky tale and short stubby legs.

Is it new to science?

:shock:

Comments

• random man
    random man Posts: 1,518
    Looks like a young newt, they're a protected species you know :D
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    We've got newts, the grown ups are no where near that size (and shape). My guess it's a frog whose transformation from tadpole has gone weird. In some strange way.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Eat it.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    craker wrote:
    We've got newts, the grown ups are no where near that size (and shape). My guess it's a frog whose transformation from tadpole has gone weird. In some strange way.
    Perhaps he lives near Fukushima. :lol:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    You need to be careful with those things. They can be quite dangerous when fully grown.

Michael-Gove-006.jpg
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's a young Iguanodon. Fully grown it will be 60 feet high and it will eat your house and contents. And you.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Check that it has a pulse. If it does, keep it away from Pina. We don't want a whole load of human lizard freaks taking over the world.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    It's either a frog or toad tadpole, toad tadpoles are jet black and frog tadpoles are speckled so it looks like your is definitely a part baked frog.

Unless you live near selafield or whatever it's called these days in which case it's a rabbit :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    That's better looking than most of the trash On the Aintree thread.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    A baby Godzilla, me thinks.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    It's quite small. In fact, it's my newt! :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    If it's legs weren't so short, it wouldn't be my newt.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Half newt half frog would be my guess... That would be either a frewt or a nog
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    Just a frog in transition from a tadpole I reckon. Somewhere around 12 weeks into it's life cycle.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    I used to hand rear some tadpoles with my kids until they were little frogs big enough to jump out of the old baby bath we had them in. We did this for several years and I never saw anything that looked like this.
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    lesfirth wrote:
    I used to hand rear some tadpoles with my kids until they were little frogs.
    The kids or the tadpoles?
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    lesfirth wrote:
    I used to hand rear some tadpoles with my kids until they were little frogs big enough to jump out of the old baby bath we had them in. We did this for several years and I never saw anything that looked like this.

Lets just hope that the RSPCA and the NSPCC don't read this :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    arran77 wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

too late I've forwarded the link to Ester Rantzen
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    craker wrote:

I think you're right.

Normally you get very tiny but fully formed frogs after they lose their tails, they tend to be about half the body length of the one in that pic. This one looks like it has grown on in the wrong stage of development. I've heard that this happens when certain elements are missing from their diet/water, I believe that it's iodine.

The older I get, the better I was.

• arran77
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Great, when do we get the pitch forks out :mrgreen:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Play god and kill all the other male/female frogs. Bish bash bosh - you've created a new species.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    arran77 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    lesfirth wrote:

Great, when do we get the pitch forks out :mrgreen:
    :oops:

I never did pass O level English! :oops:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I think it may be Kerry Catona's fifth child.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Play god and kill all the other male/female frogs. Bish bash bosh - you've created a new species.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26870598

If that's called a geep, imagine what stupid name you could call yours!
  • arran77
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26870598

If that's called a geep, imagine what stupid name you could call yours!

That's a bit like a 'wheep' which results from a Welshman shagging a sheep :wink:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Looks who has lowered the tone again ;-)
  • arran77
    Sorry Mikey :mrgreen:

seanoconn
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    RDW wrote:
    You need to be careful with those things. They can be quite dangerous when fully grown.

Michael-Gove-006.jpg

Pretty much always pondlife though...
  • Akirasho
    Akirasho Posts: 1,892
    ... it's a Poplar, and whatever you do, don't eat it!!!

50315_112729147722_2702_n.jpg

post-26362-0-78241200-1392770007.jpg