If you're looking for one of those Lidl bike stands...

rodgers73
rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
edited April 2014 in Road general
...they're on sale from Thursday

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-2BBCF ... htm?id=257

Highly recommended and cheap too!

Comments

• fsman
    fsman Posts: 112
    And the chain cleaner is a bargin too. The SAME branded version is c. £15.
  • Are the stands worth it? I know it's cheap, but no point if they're completely rubbish...
  • djsoftware
    djsoftware Posts: 199
    Can't fault the stands - got one two years ago and have done numerous rebuilds using it. For the money I doubt if you can get better.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Can it hold by the saddle post or just the top tube?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • djsoftware
    Both as the clamp can rotate but to be safe I have always clamped using the seat post.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    djsoftware wrote:
    Can't fault the stands - got one two years ago and have done numerous rebuilds using it. For the money I doubt if you can get better.

if it vanished...woudl you buy another?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • djsoftware
    Yes I would.
  • ddraver
    that's the key really innit... thanks for that

Stay away from SW London the rest of you!
    - @ddraver
  • I got one three years back and can't fault it either, rock solid if mine went I'd get another immediately. The only advantage I can see with more expensive ones is they are lighter but I like the fact this one has some weight and four legs.

PS Don't clamp on top tube always use the seat post - the post is designed to take clamping forces TT ain't.
  • Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    I also got mine two years ago and I have used it for cleaning the bike, replacing gear cables replacing hydraulic, stripping and re-building a bike, truing wheels. If I had a bike shop, I would probably have a Professional Park Tool bike stand at over £200, however for home use where this will not get the same use, this probably as good.

Quality 8/10
    Performance 9/10
    Value 12/10!

Would I buy another? a serious big yes!
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    I have the Aldi version.... And I would agree with the above sentiment, the stand is excellent.
  • Nickoo
    Nickoo Posts: 85
    already have on, excellent stand
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    Are they OK for carbon frames?
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    rodgers73 wrote:
    ...they're on sale from Thursday

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/SID-2BBCF ... htm?id=257

Highly recommended and cheap too!
    Was gonna curse my luck as I just bought one on ebay, luckily enough I got it for the same price and actually looks identical to the one I got.
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    ben----- wrote:

As long as you don't use it in the rain :wink:

- yes I would only clamp hard on the seatpost though (with any stand). TT seems fine for non-torquey fettling though (eg derailleur trimming).

I was just thinking yesterday what a bargain purchase it was, I use it all the time (9.5 bikes in the garage - but they have all been used in the last 7 days).
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    ben----- wrote:

- yes I would only clamp hard on the seatpost though (with any stand). TT seems fine for non-torquey fettling though (eg derailleur trimming).

I was just thinking yesterday what a bargain purchase it was, I use it all the time (9.5 bikes in the garage - but they have all been used in the last 7 days).

9.5 bikes .... is the 0.5 of a bike the consequence of some non-torquey fettling then :shock:
  • Mad_Malx wrote:
    ben----- wrote:

9.5 bikes .... is the 0.5 of a bike the consequence of some non-torquey fettling then :shock:

Probably a unicycle :P
    Giant Propel Advanced Pro 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced SL 1 Disc 2020
    Giant TCR Advanced 2 2020
    Canyon Lux CF SL 7.0 2019
    Canyon Spectral CF 7.0 2019
    Canyon Speedmax CF 8.0 Di2 2020
    Wattbike Atom V2
    Garmin Edge 530
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    ben----- wrote:

Probably a unicycle :P

Correct!
  • ben-----
    How big is it when boxed roughly? Carry-able on a bike do you reckon?
  • ben----- wrote:
    How big is it when boxed roughly? Carry-able on a bike do you reckon?
    Don't think it would be wise it's long and pretty heavy
  • ben-----
    Right, OK thanks.
  • ddraver
    (I don't really have an option either ben...)
    - @ddraver
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Popped into Lidl on the way home tonight and they were just putting all the cycling things out for tomorrow, so I bought one of these.

Boxed they are 120 x 17 x 12cm and heavy enough that I wouldn't want to carry it while riding a bike...
  • ddraver
    30 quid and on a bike vs 150 delivered from CRC...
    - @ddraver
  • vertigo16
    vertigo16 Posts: 91
    You can get the same thing delivered from eBay for pretty much exactly the same price - I'm very happy with mine I have to say. I'd replace it with exactly the same if mine were to get lost.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    What are the arrangements for the base? Are the legs screwed in to a piece of plastic at the bottom or do the legs fold like an umbrella?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    Is it only big stores that have them? Or are smaller shops likely to stop some too?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • snappygear
    snappygear Posts: 212
    vertigo16 wrote:
    You can get the same thing delivered from eBay for pretty much exactly the same price - I'm very happy with mine I have to say. I'd replace it with exactly the same if mine were to get lost.

Got a link for the eBay ones? I'll be popping in my local Lidl's, but I've never got lucky with regards to them having the good stuff on stock!

Rob
  • Mad_Malx
    redvee wrote:
    What are the arrangements for the base? Are the legs screwed in to a piece of plastic at the bottom or do the legs fold like an umbrella?

Fold like an umbrella.
  • muttley_109
    muttley_109 Posts: 177
    I've just been into the Cardiff Cathays store and they have about 12 in there. I managed to balance it on top of the bike and push the rest of the way to work. Just need to figure out how to get it home now!
    Cannondale CAAD 10
    Genesis Equilibrium Disc 10
    Bird Zero TR