Pedals on a cx

Mootanclan
Mootanclan Posts: 63
edited April 2014 in Cyclocross
Hello

I just wanted to know which are the best pedals to.use on a cx. Do we use spd or sl? Mine will be for commuting mainly and trials now and again
Cube Peleton Race 2013
Cube cross race cx 2016

I have a cycling problem work gets in the way!!!

Comments

• slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    for trials I would think double sided entry would be better - you don't want to be faffing about trying to clip in ...

For everything else it doesn't really matter - whatever you've got would do ...
  • Double sided SPD... for me SPD even makes sense for road, and double sided will be right for riding off the beaten track.

Plus the low end SPDs pedals are cheap and very good.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    Presumably you mean trails not trials... anyway Shimano M520 are terrific value for the money, I have them on 2 bikes and the M530 on my MTB - which is much the same pedal with a bit of platform round it.
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    Time ATAC.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    For mud, Time, Eggbeater and Look are the best as they don't clog as easily. Some SPD models don't work too well and get 'packed' with mud.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I've got some Shimano Deore SPD pedals which are double sided and also have a cage around them. I find them very good, and they have worked well in some pretty muddy conditions. They are rather heavy, but I use that bike for commuting as well and being able to wear normal shoes on them is a huge bonus.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Crank Brothers Eggbeater. Epic mud clearance, easy engagement and release, good float.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris