Best cycle leggings

Noddy501
Noddy501 Posts: 11
edited April 2014 in Commuting general
I recently bought a pair of tenns padded leggings off Amazon. I can describe the purchase as a bit of a disaster as the pad is in completely the wrong place. It doesn't cover my sit bones, so I still get sore there on a long ride, it's positioned way to far forward (do I really need my meat and two veg protected?) which makes it uncomfortable when off the bike. It's so bad that I'm tempted to return it as not fit for purpose!

Does anybody have recommendations for leggings that are comfortable? Or perhaps a pair of shorts with a baselayer for the colder days? My budget is limited, as I'm saving towards my new bike :oops:

Don

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I picked up some cheapo Aldi ones last Autumn, they do a good job but the stitching around the pad is starting to fray, but I tend to put them on and keep them on all day which will reduce lifespan. Longest ride I did in them was 60 miles and 6500ft iirc, I got numb nuts on a long steady climb about half way through but otherwise OK.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Endura are excellent value/quality, there luminite range is commuter specific. But dont feather Amazons nest, go to your Local bike shop and try some on. Im usually a large but in some italian made kit im an XL and some of the more relaxed fitting mtb kit im a medium!
  • Doris Day
    Doris Day Posts: 83
    Did you have them the right way round?
  • SlipSpace
    SlipSpace Posts: 46
    I have some Altura Winter Cruisers that I bought donkeys ago, the material is a bit bobbly in places but they still do the job and have seen many thousands of miles and rain, snow etc. They're not padded tho'
  • Noddy501
    Noddy501 Posts: 11
    Doris Day wrote:
    Did you have them the right way round?

Hehe ... yes I have. That is a thought that had occurred to me and I may have tried them on the other way round just to be sure, and that may had rather comical results ... but I won't admit to that :oops: