sloppyschleckonds Posts: 8,019
edited April 2014 in The bottom bracket
http://youtu.be/kfS8iz2NaLE

Thankfully nooone was hurt
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    Almost certainly a write off, I had worked on this car and it was stunning in Matt.
    Problem is that people will say how fast it was going but the noise makes it sound faster, often I get people shouting slow down then I'm doing 30 in a 30 !
    I see the replies to tim's video is typical of british nature though, such a shame.
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I doubt it's a write off. I've seen cars with far worse damage than that go back to the factory to be repaired. Easily avoidable stupid accident.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    He was probably going too fast anyway :P :P :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • VTech
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I doubt it's a write off. I've seen cars with far worse damage than that go back to the factory to be repaired. Easily avoidable stupid accident.

Sorry, I didn't mean is as a question, it will almost certainly be a write-off.
    Living MY dream.
  • arran77
    VTech wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

:lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    VTech wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I know you didn't, you stated your opinion. I was stating that I've seen far worse than that go back to the factory and be repaired.
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Hard to blame the gumball driver for this one, surely he had right of way. However, if he was only doing 30 how could he not avoid the collision...so he is still a prat.

I can't see how that would be a write off though.
  • VTech
    Its a carbon monocoque and that lift would have almost certainly compromised the structure, I've seen far less carbon impact result in a write-off.
    Remember, whoever was to repair would have to warrant the shell and no one will do that on a 217mph car.
    Lamborghini wouldn't repair either, they would replace.
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    VTech wrote:
    Its a carbon monocoque and that lift would have almost certainly compromised the structure, I've seen far less carbon impact result in a write-off.
    Remember, whoever was to repair would have to warrant the shell and no one will do that on a 217mph car.

Stupid throw away society, no woner there's global warming!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • VTech
    VTech wrote:

Stupid throw away society, no woner there's global warming!

Exactly, who would want safety over a little bit of extra carbon ehh :wink:
    Living MY dream.
  • veronese68
    The bodyshell is not a one piece moulding, some parts are replaceable. They can also rebuild the car on a new tub, which they have done in the past. As I said I have known them to repair far worse than that. Safety is not compromised.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Car driver has accident in town.

Nice story bro :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • VTech
    edited April 2014
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The bodyshell is not a one piece moulding, some parts are replaceable. They can also rebuild the car on a new tub, which they have done in the past. As I said I have known them to repair far worse than that. Safety is not compromised.

The monocoque is a single carbon unit, the front and rear is lightweight aluminium to hold the engine, box and axels etc.
    To replace the tub would almost certainly be classed as a write-off (re-shelled vehicle) and would 100% hinder resale value.

inn_tech_lp700-4_monocoque_1920x1080.jpg

Ive worked on this vehicle since before it went on sale and have stopped them to the bone and back again so have just a little understanding of the make-up of this car. Category B is for vehicles where the body shell is damaged or needs to be replaced.
    Living MY dream.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    pah! product not fit for purpose of providing adequate transport on the roads! I hope the insurance premium is equal to the cost of the car replacement as I don't see why I as a Nissan Note driver should be subsidising this shambles!!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Such a shame...
  • Mikey23
    Thinking distance at 30 mph is 9m, stopping distance 14 m... Nuff said
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Thinking distance at 30 mph is 9m, stopping distance 14 m... Nuff said

Do thick cuts(sic) have a longer/ slower thinking distance?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    edited April 2014
    I miss read a quote and posted blx. Apologies.
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    edited April 2014
    I agree actually that it is the fault of the note. Watching the video lambo's not going crazy fast, and tried to brake on his way in.

That said in London you don't really do 30mph around those areas because everyone just steps out.

Seems a shame, but added to all this is my main question:

"Why would you want to drive a Lambo around London".

Its fast, long, low and wide. Literally the worst combination for London streets. Give a Fiat 500 Abarth any day (in central London).
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • arran77
    Lancew wrote:
    That said in London you don't really do 30mph around those areas because everyone just steps out.

So maybe he was going too fast for the conditions?

seanoconn
  • marcusjb
    marcusjb Posts: 2,412
    edited April 2014
    arran77 wrote:
    Lancew wrote:

So maybe he was going too fast for the conditions?

Or doing it for the camera?

Showing off to his mate behind him in the ?Masarati?
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Driver wearing cap, c0ck waffle. Driver wearing cap back to front, complete twunt.
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Ah, a SMIDSY, but with a fast car as the victim rather than a bike. Good to see.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Mikey23
    Fortunate there weren't any cyclists/ pedestrians/ small children at the time...
  • VTech
    I doubt he was going over the limit at the time of impact, the driver pulled out in front of him and as for the questions about why would you drive it in london, I answer all of these types of question with the same answer. "because they can"

You would be surprised at what people go for to be different.
    Living MY dream.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    " Gumball type" ????? Wtf has this got to do with the Gumball ?

This was just somebody driving a very nice car in London who was hit by a Noddy who had failed to stop at a junction.

Too many haters/internet punishers on here.........
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • VTech
    " Gumball type" ????? Wtf has this got to do with the Gumball ?

This was just somebody driving a very nice car in London who was hit by a Noddy who had failed to stop at a junction.

Too many haters/internet punishers on here.........

Perfectly put.
    Living MY dream.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Nobody knows how fast the Lamborghini was going. So that really does mean that we're not in a position to blame either driver.
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    Lancew wrote:
    I agree actually that it is the fault of the note. Watching the video lambo's not going crazy fast, and tried to brake on his way in.

It's easy to blame someone else, I used to commute into central London from Surrey. I reckon I could have averaged 4 car crashes a day that wouldn't have been my fault. However, anyone who is a half decent driver can spot the hazards and avoid it.
  • VTech
    Lancew wrote:

It's easy to blame someone else, I used to commute into central London from Surrey. I reckon I could have averaged 4 car crashes a day that wouldn't have been my fault. However, anyone who is a half decent driver can spot the hazards and avoid it.

It would seem that the hazard awareness tests are pointless then ?
    I have been on several and you will be surprised at just how many fail, including the very best of rally drivers who handle hazards and spot danger as part of the course.

it is always going to be hard to avoid a car coming out of the side road and heading straight into your side !
    Living MY dream.