Training and racing

macroadie
macroadie Posts: 172
If you have CAT 5 race in 5 weeks and been lifting once a week, should you ditch that weight lifting and add more intervals? Thinking of intervals twice a week instead of once a week.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Ditch the weight lifting regardless - unless there's some other, non-cycling related reason why you are doing it..
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    Intervals are very important in racing. If the lifting is non core related, I'd ditch it in favour of intervals.
    Insert bike here:
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Ah, April 1st, good one OP :)
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • macroadie
    macroadie Posts: 172
    mpatts wrote:
    Intervals are very important in racing. If the lifting is non core related, I'd ditch it in favour of intervals.
    I full body but what bothers a bit is the leg press. I do 4 sets of 8 reps 500 lbs leg press and Tuesday rides I can feel a bit in my legs. Maybe I'll do the lifting on Wed.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    macroadie wrote:
    mpatts wrote:
    I full body but what bothers a bit is the leg press. I do 4 sets of 8 reps 500 lbs leg press and Tuesday rides I can feel a bit in my legs. Maybe I'll do the lifting on Wed.

Depends if you want to get better at leg presses, or get better at cycling. If it's the latter, then the former will be holding you back..