Wilier Izoard XP

sarm34
sarm34 Posts: 182
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
My brand new bike the 2013 Wilier Izoard XP, with Ksyrium Elite S wheels fitted as the shimano ones were way to heavy, so was the seat so replaced that with a carbon Bontrager affinity RXL seat, also swapped out the seatpost and stem for a FSA SLK carbon inline post and Ness 120mm carbon stem, 105 groupset bar the brakes which were some FSA wilier colour coded things that were also way to heavy so I swapped those out for a pair of Planet X Ultra Light CNC Brake Calipers at 205g for the pair that's lighter than dura ace.
Had the bike 3 weeks now and still not been out on it, as the weathers either been crap or im too busy at work etc to have found the time.
weight so far is 6.8kg
P1014055_zps627ac9e3.jpg
P1014057_zps3eb1f8cb.jpg
P1014056_zps29df10cd.jpg
P1014059_zpsaa67a05d.jpg
P1014062_zps69189951.jpg
P1014063_zpscdf2d677.jpg

Comments

• Sodafarl
    Sodafarl Posts: 118
    That is a lovely bike. Enjoy when you do get out on it.
  • Is there a square cm on the bike that is free of a logo or design?

Way too much going on. Not a fan at all.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    very nice looking bike, nice graphics, not overdone at al IMO - enjoy
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    See your NESS stem, how do you find it? How was the fitting, I ordered one of those last week but sent it back, was not impressed with the splintering of the lacquer on the screw holes of the face plate when fitting. It was not even as if I`d hammered up good and tight, tightened up diagonally etc. Had the torque wrench down at 4Nm and it was visibily cracking.
  • sarm34
    not a problem on this one , a bugger to find though , would have loved a seatpost by ness but they seem to be on aussie websites and I wasn't going down that rabbit hole
    as for the logos im not in charge of that one, but I don't mind them tbh
  • sarm34
    BTW cant wait to see what these brakes are like , ill chuck myself down a steep hill at forty and hope for the best :?
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    Yep end of line I think at PlanetX as I got it for £24. Shall see what they say but I will be unimpressed if they don`t refund my postage back if proved faulty.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    Always have a soft spot for a wilier. Still miss mine. Your front brake pads look very close to the rim? Unless you took the picture while holding the brake on?
  • Love Wiliers and like the look of this one too...not overdone at all IMO.....

Your bars look at a funny angle though :? .....oh, and you're missing one important thing.....CAMPAGNOLO!!! :lol:
  • sarm34
    £24 Quid?? did you buy the pinks ones then?
    these are the ones I bought
    https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BCPXULCNC ... e-calipers
    I found that the prices go up and down the gunmetal ones I bought one day they were 74.95 and the next day 65 quid funny kind of price structure if you ask me, well machined though and light :D
  • sarm34
    Your front brake pads look very close to the rim? Unless you took the picture while holding the brake on?
    id just fitted them and was going to get new cables fitted as the ones that were on were already fraying , which I have done today :)
    Your bars look at a funny angle though :? .....oh, and you're missing one important thing.....CAMPAGNOLO!!! :lol:
    Yup needs dropping slightly and im a shimano man meself :wink:
  • sarm34
    just a quick update, finally got to ride the bike today and those brakes are really something special. :D
  • sarm34 wrote:
    just a quick update, finally got to ride the bike today and those brakes are really something special. :D

They are very very special eh.

I sold mine.

Lovely bike though.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    I am yet to see an ugly Wilier. Nice bike 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sarm34
    They are very very special eh.

I sold mine.

ive had 105 brakes on a cube before these are a million times better, I can only compare to those im afraid :(
    but for 75 quid im not complaining
  • mekong_velo
    mekong_velo Posts: 102
    Lovely steed, as has been said Wilier do turn out some lovely looking bikes.

Enjoy.

Regards
    Cervelo R3
    Tarmac Elite
  • blackstick
    blackstick Posts: 151
    Hi there, nice one!

Could ya tell me what sort of handlebars are those?
    Like to get one this shape!

Thanks
  • sarm34
    they are the stock ones on the bike fsa/wiliers own, shall be replacing them at some point for lighter ones
    hope this helps :D