Insanity workout programme

Brian B
Brian B Posts: 2,071
So I have completed the 60 day Insanity fitness programme and I have to say it's worked wonders on my upper body. I was pretty lean to begin with but have lost just under a stone but did not diet. I was also cycling my usual quota as well so that would have helped with the weight loss. I look a lot bulkier though and pretty ripped.

What I have noticed though is that my recovery is much better after workouts and cycling. I was doing workouts before a century ride and another workout the day after and I have to say its virtually eliminated the post day fatigue.

I will say though that it was hard(like hardknott pass at the end of the Fred) and more so when trying to fit in my cycling as well.

Its interval based on hard for 3min and 30 sec recovery and although I did lots of intervals on my spin bike in the garage and I was not prepared for how hard these sessions were. I pity the fool who done this workout without any real fitness.

The outset is that I'll keep it up now as it might not make me faster on the bike(perhaps it will though) but a stronger core and faster recovery will help with those long all day summer rides.

I would be interested in anybody else who has done this workout.
Brian B.

Comments

• dpGoose
    dpGoose Posts: 14
    I did start it but had to put it on hold after about 10 days due to a back injury. It definitely got the heart racing though. Hopefully will get back and finish it soon.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Not done it myself but I have heard its a very good programme.

But you have to have good motivation to do it in front of the TV.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well done. Got to admit it looks tempting.

Think you should post before/after photos to inspire us ;-)
    And one wearing the t shirt that you earned :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Carbonator wrote:
    Well done. Got to admit it looks tempting.

Think you should post before/after photos to inspire us ;-)
    And one wearing the t shirt that you earned :D
    Ooh it's just like Tinder :D

Shirt off!
    Shirt off!
    Shirt off!
    Shirt off!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • I saw this on Amazon for £105. Worth it?
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I started it last year after I was really ill to kick start the weight loss. I got bored. Much prefer p90x which did the trick.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    edited April 2014
    I've completed it twice over the past 2 years.

Overall I'm down from 16 stone to 12.5 now.

I'm concentrating on diet at the moment though, insanity is great for kick-starting weight loss, but largely you need to focus on your diet as you get smaller and to make the weight loss sustainable.
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • casatikid
    casatikid Posts: 229
    Im a fit and slim 58 year old but I had a look at it and thought? I will leave it to the younger lads.Ha.
  • Tjgoodhew
    Tjgoodhew Posts: 628
    Started it, did a week and found the plyometric aspect played havoc with my knees.

Knee problems was why I gave up football and took up cycling and i found this started to make me knees sore again.

However if i didnt have this issue I can see that it would be a super workout and i would expect anyone to ahioeve results.

As mentioned above - i wouldnt recommend to somebody with a zero level of fitness. you need to be pretty fit before starting
    Cannondale Caad8
    Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    what sort of time do you need to dedicate to this?
    Insert bike here:
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    mpatts wrote:
    what sort of time do you need to dedicate to this?

It's about 45 mins per day in the first month, 1 hour in the second
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • Did the occasional workout over the winter as i enjoy this type of training.

Had to stop though since found all the leg stuff left me sore/ needing tecovery and as such my cycling started to suffer.

Would definitely do if i hadnt my cycling training plan to do alongside it.