Viner Magnifica

einriba
einriba Posts: 319
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
Got my toy ready to go for next year. Not the best photo!

Stem has been replaced with a deda zero2 in white. Saddle will be replaces with another as the one on there is evil and I feel violated every time I ride it.

Possibly will change the pedals from those cheap time RXS to iclic, but we'll see what the boss says.

IMG_20130929_WA0000.jpg
Getting up is the second hardest thing in the morning

Comments

• Vandiesel
    Vandiesel Posts: 506
    Nice job matey
    Giant TCR Composite 3
  • einriba
    ok, so a few updates and a question for the forumites.
    Just put a new set of cosmic sls on there, but the wife looked at it and said "No, that doesn't work! Too shouty and too many logos".....divorce proceedings have commenced.

But is she right? Should I de-decal the cosmics? Feels like vandalism removing the decals on a brand new £800 set of wheels? Would white bar tape be better?

I won't sleep tonight now!

Anyway, all centaur groupset, antares versus saddle, deda 02 stem, deda zero seat pin, time iclic carbon titan pedals (still to put them on).....

Will be replacing the mavic tyres with michelin pro race 4 service course.

DSCN3811.jpg
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    try and get a pic where the camera is more level with the bike.
    I think they look good!
    White tape would look good but, and this is rare with a white saddle, the black looks fine.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • einriba
    NapoleonD wrote:
    try and get a pic where the camera is more level with the bike.
    I think they look good!
    White tape would look good but, and this is rare with a white saddle, the black looks fine.

ok i will do the picture tomorrow. thanks you for your comments
  • hoohaar
    hoohaar Posts: 42
    Looks good imo. Don't decal!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like that....
  • MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Posts: 288
    Looks tickety boo to me quite like the loud and proud stickers :-D
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    einriba wrote:
    ok, so a few updates and a question for the forumites.
    Just put a new set of cosmic sls on there, but the wife looked at it and said "No, that doesn't work! Too shouty and too many logos".....divorce proceedings have commenced.

Your wife has taste. Is she really saying 'too shouty AND too many logos' if so, she's got it right. Because 1, that frame doesn't look right with deep section wheels, and 2, them having loads of logos draws even more attention to the fact they are there.

It looks really nice with the original wheels though
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Your wife is right and that's exactly why you should leave the decals on :D
  • beetle1
    beetle1 Posts: 189
    Definitely leave the decals on and go with some white glossy microtex bar tape, the bike looks great.
  • napoleond
    Hmmm. I know this may be a bit out there but some Gold Deda tape would look ace!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • mr_sj
    mr_sj Posts: 507
    Leave the decals they look fine.

Personally i think white bar tape would be too much with the white stem and saddle and white frame, black looks fine
  • einriba
    Got the image directly from the side.

Some interesting comments. I think there's something not right with it.....I can't put my finger on it. The comment about it not suiting deeps is interesting, hopefully that's not the answer though!

Also loving the fact that I should do the opposite to what the wife says. She's an artist.....I'm colour blind so never been interested in aesthetics, but something isn't right on here.

A black saddle?

DSCN3813.jpg
  • napoleond
    Black stem and white tape
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Black saddle and stem would tie in with the bar tape and the dark rims IMO, looks a very nice bike BTW.
  • mfin
    The decals on the wheels are too similar in size and 'weight' to the main Viner Decals hence why they clash as they are styled differently. Also, the carbon weave of the wheels clashes. Quickest and cheapest fix by a mile is to take the decals off (do it, it will look miles better and the blind people who say it won't look better will not notice anyway, being blind), or even better sell the wheels and get some with no decals and also without that weave on them. Gigantex?

Your new side shot actually makes it look a lot better with the deeps. (I wondered for a moment if Bora Ultra Twos would also look good, I expect they would, they have red on them aaaand you are running Campag EDIT: Bora Ultra 35's maybe better again?). Mavic wheels often have a look/branding which sort of clashes with the branding of a lot of frames, their wheels mostly look ok in isolation but quite crap/tacky once put on the bike.
  • einriba
    I've found the photo's of when I bought it with white bar tape - and it looks so much nicer in white with the black stem:

I have had a suggestion of: red saddle, red tape, black stem, red strip ultremo tyres???

viner.jpg

vinermag.jpg

The steerer has been cut down since this photo.......
  • mfin
    einriba wrote:
    I've found the photo's of when I bought it with white bar tape - and it looks so much nicer in white with the black stem:

I have had a suggestion of: red saddle, red tape, black stem, red strip ultremo tyres???

I prefer it how you've got it, it looks 'different' but still 'right' with the white stem and black tape (and with the bonus of a bit less cleaning). Don't put coloured tyres on it, it will look naff, it's a nice looking frame and it will distracting. If you didn't have Mavic's clashy branding on there then possibly amber walls like Vittoria Open Corsa SC would look good (and they are brilliant tyres). Also, don't put red bar tape on, it will look naff.

Putting red tyres and bar tape on it would make it look the opposite of classy.
  • einriba
    A few changes to the bike and I think it looks a hell of a lot better now!....

viner.jpg

Frame: Viner Magnifica Dedacci Carbon
    Forks: Dedacci Carbon
    Bars: Deda RHM01
    Stem: Deda zero2 black on black
    Headset: FSA
    Bar Tape: Deda cork

Brake Levers: Campagnolo Centaur 10speed
    Calipers: Miche Primato

Shifters: Campagnolo Centaur 10 speed
    Cables: Campagnolo
    Front Mech: Campagnolo Centaur 10 speed
    Rear Mech: Campagnolo Centaur 10 speed

Seat: Fizik arione versus
    Seat Post: Deda super zero
    Seat Post Clamp: Viner

Cranks: Campagnolo Centaur 10 speed 172.5
    Chainring(s): 53 / 39
    Chain: Campagnolo
    Cassette: Campagnolo Centaur 10 (12-25)
    Pedals: Time titan carbon
    Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Centaur

Front Wheel: Mavic Cosmic SLS
    Tire: Michelin Pro Race 4 Service Course 23mm

Back Wheel:
    Rim: Mavic Cosmic SLS
    Tire: Michelin Pro Race 4 Service Course 23mm
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    That's it .... Nailed it :D

When/if you get bored though, my lad went for a black/red Fizik saddle and red Bontrager bar tape on his white bike and it looks fab with black stem & seat post.

P.S. Please don't remove the decals!
    Still thinking of something clever to say!