Bike for the Wife part 2

tobamory
tobamory Posts: 101
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Ok the search has started, Budget 2500, Full suspension.

Would like, Lightness and 140mm Travel front.
We did look at a few today and so far she likes

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-gb/bik ... 026/66817/

But anybody got any views, im open to stretching the budget for a Orange 5 maybe or Santa Cruz Bantem, but I would like some advice on pros and cons, best gear for Money etc.

What im also intersetd in are

Titus El Guapo, and Titus Rockstar however the rockstar maybe too XC ? but its Light

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What does she ride now?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • tobamory
    She has my old Orange E8 Pro XC bike, but its hurting her back on Longrides as shes stooped over due to how it is, needs more AM sit up and beg kind of thing

the Giant wasn't that bad to be honest, has dropper post standard 2/10 gearing.
    Will have to read up on it see what its like. Or do I push a little Higher
  • fizik
    fizik Posts: 247
    Does she need the riding position or the suspension travel? An orange 5 is a bit extreme judging her current ride. Jumping from the E8 i would be looking at a lightish xc bike such as an anthem womens specific fitted with short stem etc and will more than take the sting out of most trails whilst being light and nimble out on the trails.
  • tobamory
    She's only got the e8 because that's all we've had, she needs to move away from it really, she managed for a year now, but I need to treat her, she's doing lots of trail and downhill plus trail centres red blue etc....

I ride a Santa Cruz solo she likes that kind of but it's large so she can't really get a feel for it, she wants full sus.

She needs the riding position and travel isn't mega important but I'd like at least 125 and above for what we do with the sweetly being 140mm ish as we both feel this is great.
  • tobamory
    Ok so this weekend we tested the

Santa Cruz Bronson medium
    Orange Pro 5 Dive Small

The Santa Cruz she liked but she didn't get excited
    The Orange 5 was too small, she seemed to look like she was too big for it, although it does say its for her size.

So we are now going to try a mens Giant Trance 1 small, which on a short test in the car park seemed to fit her better, no over reaching more sat up etc.

Im also going to try a lapierre 427.
    The new GT bike also look and sound good.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Go test ride a mondraker foxy at afan this weekend..

definately worth a go.