The Specialized Tyre Amnesty

Comments

• Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Looks good, got a couple of old tyres that I could use.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If anyone wants some old tyres........
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Antm81
    Anybody used the purgatory controls? Any good and what are their strengths and weaknesses?
  • marcus'73
    marcus'73 Posts: 41
    I bought a Purgatory autumn last year as a rear tyre. It rolls pretty well but I didn't get on with the breakaway characteristics of it - it grips then gives up pretty suddenly. Had no problems with punctures (I was running it with a Maxxis Downhill tube crammed inside as I ride a HT and the wheels I had it on were not UST compatible) I used it at trail centres and XC and it was not showing any signs of wear when I took it off when the wheel died last month. It was also nowhere near as hard to fit as other UST compatible tyres I've used but I've not tried it on my UST rims so far. I'd say it's a pretty good tyre at the amnesty price, I personally just like something with a bit more volume and grip.
  • Antm81
    Thanks, think I'll give them a try at this price.
  • Using a Purgatory Control 2.1 on the front and a ground control on the back. Pretty good combo on mixed (mostly wet/soft/muddy) runs over the winter (Pentlands, Edinburgh). Far better than Conti Barons and X Kings.
  • russyh
    russyh Posts: 1,375
    Anyone know if leisure lakes are running this offer? I have not got time to call them and can't see on their website
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Run one 2.3 ont he rear great rear tyre with a butcher up front. its liek maxxis minnion HR combo but more grip lighter and rolls faster.. awesome tyres!
  • nick-gti
    nick-gti Posts: 131
    literally just ordered a Purgatory yesterday...balls!