Tour of scotland video go pro what do you think?

jon1993
jon1993 Posts: 596
edited April 2014 in Your pics and vids
Scott Spark 30 carbon custom build
Giant Faith 2 DH bike
Boardman pro 2011
Boardman team carbon 2010
Carrera kracken 2009
Specialized fsr pro 2009
Haro custom build
Cannondale custom build

Comments

• Need a chest mount
  • Looked great. Where did you go and what would you say was a "must do"?
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    Cool video...
  • jon1993
    What sort of riding are you into? I did fort William on my Scott spark 30 fs that was really fun. Bike was so far out its comfort zone though on the DH route but there's a red route which is basically like black xc that was awesome. Glentress was good but its covered in boulders so need a big strong bike even to do it slow really. If I am honest it was all good in its own right every single trail centre didn't disappoint. We did a natural ride on the Sligichan pass the scenery is just amazing! cross a few streams, mountains either side the real exposed feel but only do this in good weather! we started from a pub you bike several miles down a valley then there's a very steep rocky technical uphill on a serious 4x4 track to the left when you reach a sea bay with one very lucky persons house in the middle of it. The return if you go that way is VERY muddy and you will be caked in mud but its a real mountain biking experience (wear shoes you can walk in too if you have to)

p.s. thanks for the comments on the video
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • jon1993
    p.s. paulneenan76 I can send you a load of my pictures I took to give yourself an idea of what it is like as there is very little info on the web about it due to it being natural.
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build
  • Thanks, sounds awesome. I ride all sorts really but black runs or medium level DH runs are a bit out of my comfort zone. Do plenty of natural trails as well as Afan, FoD, Cannock etc. never been north of the border and I quite fancy a boys weekend instead of the usual Wales trip (not that Wales isn't great).

Pictures would be great - feel free to pm me.

Paul
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • jon1993
    If you can do black runs then honestly you will be able to do Fort William obviously no where near the speed as the DH guys but it is doable there was 2 drops that I got off just on risk of killing my bike. To put it into perspective my friend did it on a Carrera Kracken. The track itself is a very fast DH course meaning its doable on a standard bike slowly I will add but worth it simply for the experience. The red route needs equal respect with absolutely amazing views feels like real big mountain riding!
    Giant Faith 2 DH bike
    Boardman pro 2011
    Carrera kracken 2009
    Specialized fsr pro 2009
    Haro custom build
    Cannondale custom build