6870 Di2 upgrade kit

davegriffiths
davegriffiths Posts: 102
edited April 2014 in Road general
Does anyone know where I can get a 6870 11 speed upgrade kit ,looking to convert from 6800 mechical to Di2 but everyone seems to be out of stock
The upgrade kit is the groupset without brakes ,cassette,Chainset etc

Thanks Dave

Comments

• Pickled Pig
    Pickled Pig Posts: 233
    edited March 2014
    I had a lot of trouble sourcing the 6770 upgrade kit in January and ended up buying the full groupset and selling the unwanted parts (worked out cheaper anyway). Not sure if Shimano have stopped supplying the upgrades?
  • Thanks ,yes it certainly looks like it Merlin cycles say that Shimano arent looking to sell the upgrades at the moment
  • DiscoBoy
    DiscoBoy Posts: 905
    Did you try Ribble?
    Red bikes are the fastest.
  • Yes mate ,tried Ribble online says its out of stock
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    I've read on here that you only need to change the rear mech... and voila, 11 speed shifting.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • matt-h
    matt-h Posts: 847
    Bar Shaker wrote:
    I've read on here that you only need to change the rear mech... and voila, 11 speed shifting.

Err. He has 6800 11 speed already
  • vladoo
    vladoo Posts: 265
    and what about Ebay ?
  • Was hoping to buy from a uk dealer to have some sort of warranty ,just noticed that Chainreaction are selling groupsets cheap does any one want a full mechanical groupset cheap
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Maybe, how do you mean?
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • Pickled Pig
    Was hoping to buy from a uk dealer to have some sort of warranty ,just noticed that Chainreaction are selling groupsets cheap does any one want a full mechanical groupset cheap

That's a good price. Looking at "sold" prices on eBay you will get around £250 for crankset, cassette, chain and calipers so £730 for 6870 isn't so bad - a 6770 upgrade cost me £660 done this way.
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    matt-h wrote:
    Bar Shaker wrote:

Err. He has 6800 11 speed already

Err. 6800 is mechanical and he is looking for a Di2 11 speed install.

So the solution would be to buy a D12 10 speed upgrade kit (available) and a 6870 rear mech (11 speed and available) and sell the 6770 rear mech.

Err.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro
  • Pickled Pig
    Bar Shaker wrote:

So the solution would be to buy a D12 10 speed upgrade kit (available) and a 6870 rear mech (11 speed and available) and sell the 6770 rear mech.

Except the 6770 upgrade kit isn't available.
  • IC the price would depend on the crankset options and the rear cassette as I already have most of the set up but I am sure we could sort something out
    So is the only difference the rear mech to turn a ten speed into a 11 speed then ?
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Pm me some options and prices and will see if we can sort out. Was about to pull the trigger over on Ribble
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen