Raleigh Militis

MrGrumpy
MrGrumpy Posts: 288
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
My newish road bike bought on Cycle2Work :o Full carbon frame and forks, Force groupset, very light bike and could end up sub 7kg with a sprinkle of carbon.

2014-03-29171403.jpg

Comments

• Sawilson
    Sawilson Posts: 171
    I hope Raleigh can build their reputation up again as for a long time they seemed to falter at the bottom end of the market with a few high end bikes.
    Great looking bike, hope you enjoy.
    Lets us know how it rides ?
    Just Kidding !

Specailized Roubaix Comp 2014
    Lapierre Zesty 2011
    Garmin 510
  • Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    I do like this new range, awesome looking bike.
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Lovely, absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't be in a rush to swap them wheels, they're top notch :)

I love Raleighs, (no bias,) haha ( My bike's below ;) ) There isn't a lot on here yet, must put mine on when I get a chance :)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Oh and be careful with the carbon dropouts, the they won't take a battering.

I also got RSP ( Raleigh Special Products,) bottle cages, they look deadly, although at a Devilish 43 grams each :/
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    like those lines... nice...
  • MrGrumpy
    IrishMac wrote:
    Oh and be careful with the carbon dropouts, the they won't take a battering.

I also got RSP ( Raleigh Special Products,) bottle cages, they look deadly, although at a Devilish 43 grams each :/
    Have noticed already with the carbon dropouts had to file just a wee tad one side on the rear to get the stock wheels to sit straight. Whatever was in before must have had ever so slightly smaller spindles. (was a race bike with lbs)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Nice bike - looks 8) and well specced.

The biggest 'problem' you'll come across is people's preconceptions of Raleigh at that sort of price ("How much for a Raleigh?...). Ignore 'em and enjoy the ride.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • MrGrumpy
    Yep but when you got it on C2W :-D they take a step back (^_-)
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    The militis range looks really nice.

Recent review said it was one of the very best carbon frames out there to date !

The yellow one looks nice + have seen a couple of them around my way recently.http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/Pr ... 4&pg=10697
  • MrGrumpy
    I've seen the yellow and black ones. The lbs where I got my bike got these in as team bikes. The black has a velvet feel about it. Not for everyone's taste as its quite loud in appearance but I liked it.