Soft tissue injury.

Baxter-Smythe
Baxter-Smythe Posts: 65
edited March 2014 in Road general
So, looking for advice following an accident I had 2 weeks ago, long story but over the bars, low speed and landed hard on the back of my right shoulder, I have a very physical job and time off was / is not an option, I'm able to move my arm through most areas accept out to the side or to the rear without considerable discomfort.
I have been checked out at the hospital after 1 week and there was mixed opinion between resting it and working through it.
I was wondering if anyone here has had a similar injury and wondered the best way to encourage it to heal, as its been 2 weeks and not much progress.

Thanks

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    I chipped my left shoulder three years ago. The fracture wasn't really the problem, it was the tissue damage in my shoulder joint. My job involved some lifting but I was able to get help. I had Physio for around 18 months following the injury, it'll never fully heal and I get the odd twinge if I overdo things. The best treatment I had for it was a steroid injection into the joint from my GP (recommended by the Physio) but this was after a year of Physio.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Seek advise of a medical professional
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • tomhowells
    tomhowells Posts: 171
    What Sloppy said
    Boardman 8.9 SLR - Summer
    Holdsworth La Quelda - Commuter
    Moda Intro - Winter
    Planet X Stealth - TT
  • Thanks for the responses, I will get some advice from the quacks.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Like the others have said go and get medical advise.

but to maybe make you feel a little better, I came off my bike a couple of years ago and landed on my right shoulder (sounds quite similar to yours). I was in a lot of pain for a couple of weeks without it feeling any better but then when it started to recover it happened pretty quickly.

but as I said, go and see a doctor (as I did) as mine was just bad bruising and a slight strain.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes