Garmin 500 help

bikeit65
bikeit65 Posts: 982
edited April 2014 in Workshop
Just getting used to the Edge 500 after upgrading from the 200, so when the computer is sitting on the kitchen worktop it reads between 0.3mph to 1.9mph is this normal or could the computer be faulty? also how do i set the temperature to C instead of F
https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
Planet X RT58
Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011

Comments

• freezing77
    freezing77 Posts: 731
    Bikeit65 wrote:
    Just getting used to the Edge 500 after upgrading from the 200, so when the computer is sitting on the kitchen worktop it reads between 0.3mph to 1.9mph is this normal or could the computer be faulty? also how do i set the temperature to C instead of F

The speed reading is almost certainly due to satellite "jitter". This is fairly usual.

As regards other no idea.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Bikeit65 wrote:
    How do i set the temperature to C instead of F

On Garmin 800 it's
    Spanner/Menu --> System --> Units --> Temperature then select Celcius
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • cswitch
    cswitch Posts: 261
    It might settle down a little. I have auto stop on an 800 and 500 and both occasionally start and stop bleep when on the worktop. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    Bikeit65 wrote:

Check your kitchen worktop, it may be a bit wobbly.
  • bikeit65
    bikeit65 Posts: 982
    jesus man i should have thought of that, there is always one more smarter than the rest of us. :lol::lol:
    https://www.instagram.com/seanmcgrathphotography/
    Planet X RT58
    Cannondale CAAD 10 2012.
    Pain.. Is weakness leaving the body.

HATING LIFE-CYCLES FROM 2011
  • DCDB
    DCDB Posts: 27
    Menu, settings, system, system setup, press enter until you get to units format:

Statute gets miles and deg f
    Metric km and deg c
    statute uk miles and deg c

speed will vary indoors as the satellite reception wavers due to poor signal. The units interprets the jumps in accuracy as movement, hence speed. Should be fine outside.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    jomoj wrote:
    Check your kitchen worktop, it may be a bit wobbly.

Where's the spam kitchen posts when you need one? :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.