The GP Saturday Thread

gt-arrowhead
gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Got up to watch FP3. Slept through half of it.

Now waiting half an hour for quali to start. Going to have a sh*t load of food in the mean time. Today is revision.

Laters.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    why was JB so slow?

Morning

couldn't sleep despite taking pints of sleep aid last night :( Today is do some work now whilst waiting for the GP and then drop the rug rats off at my mums and a dirty w.end away with the current wife :)

We are taking our bikes as there is a point to point 12 miles away from the hotel - so a few drinks and bets are in order - the only issue is I'm taking Stevo's fav bike and Ludlow is rather hilly

laters
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Both McLarens had sensor problems on their engines that set them into a "safe mode" that just keeps the engine running so the car can get back to the pits. They couldn't sort it out, so Button had minimal running and Magnussen didnt set a time.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

Been away for a busy week of farm work, forgot to post a card for the mother, I'll be avoiding going back home for a while now... Today will be faffing with bikes +/- riding bikes and possibly some work too. Oh, also F1.

TTFN
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Morning tools

Slept well but feel reet sore all over, this work thing is not good for old people!

Today is obviously bacon based initially, then if the weather is ok it'll be out somewhere to do stuff!

I wil keep you all informed of my interesting day later.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Not sure what I'll be doing today, I cba with anything. Will probably go for a drive somewhere and have a walk about, if I can be bothered.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    matthew h wrote:
    We are taking our bikes as there is a point to point 12 miles away from the hotel - so a few drinks and bets are in order - the only issue is I'm taking Stevo's fav bike and Ludlow is rather hilly
    You just can't bring yourself to use the F-word on this forum can you :)

Morning Flap Hunters,

Legs are aching after a very competitive communt home last night. So many roadies to embarrass... Anyhow, I'm coffee'd up and ready to avoid jobs :roll: Thai take away tonight and a bit of footy to be watched, but apart from that it's an easy day for me.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning all.
    Lazy start to the day. The joy of having kids that are big enough to look after themselves. Assuming they can be arsed to get out of bed.
    Pottering in garage and tea drinking are the order of the day. Might go for a ride through the park and for a pint later.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning ladies,

A cheeky 12-12 shift for me today.

Not that I'm bitter or owt.

Laters
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Well, that's the shopping and washing done. Now to kick back and watch the day drift on by.

I may play bikes later.

Onwards! To caffeine!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You just can't bring yourself to use the F-word on this forum can you :)

its a bike unappreciated on most forums!

great fun today, cycled to the point to point (900ft of climbing) then a decent amount of ale - the cycle home was a lot harder