Lifestyles of the poor and chips on both shoulders

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,474
edited April 2014 in The bottom bracket
For balance from the rich and vulgar thread a view from the other social demographic.....
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    I maxed out my overdraft last month so had to stop buying unnecessary tat from Ebay and Wiggle for a week or so.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    What about lifestyles of the moderately well off and content with their lot? How come we lose out every time? Making me angry...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Mikey23 wrote:
    What about lifestyles of the moderately well off and content with their lot? How come we lose out every time? Making me angry...
    Stop going off topic and post in your own thread Mikey. This one's for the bitter losers, lefties and idle twunts rather the 'middle of the road' crowd :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Mikey23
    I'm rapidly becoming bitter and angry about the lack of tolerance to my social group...
  • Stevo_666
    Remember, in leftieland you're only allowed to aspire to be well off. Once you actually achieve it, you become an object of hate and get punished and demoted back down to pleb level by something called 'tax'.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    *doesn't post in thread*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    This one's for the bitter losers, lefties and idle twunts :wink:

You say that like they are three separate categories.
  • Mikey23
    @stevo... Constantly being recycled then
  • Stevo_666
    @paultheparaglider - good point, there usually is a combination of those 'qualities' :)

@Mikey - financially speaking, it's a bit like being a blob of that stuff in a lava lamp.
  • Mikey23
    That's a good analogy...
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I can't afford a chip for even one shoulder never mind both. :(
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    I can't afford a chip for even one shoulder never mind both. :(

Come on frank, if its that bad ill order you a curry, could have one round within the hour !
    Living MY dream.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, if only the likes of Einstein, Peter Higgs or Richard Dawkins hadn't been such bitter, idle, loser lefties, they could have achieved as much as you. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    I'm a bit poor, and I like chips, but I'd have to be a craaaazy mo'fo to put 'em on me shoulders :shock:
    Try 'em on a muffin with some brown sauce. Not too often mind! :oops:
  • finchy
    ^^^ Brown sauce? WTF is wrong with people?
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, if only the likes of Einstein, Peter Higgs or Richard Dawkins hadn't been such bitter, idle, loser lefties, they could have achieved as much as you. :lol::lol::lol:
    Good of you to join the thread Finchy, you must be drawn here for some reason :wink:
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Good of you to join the thread Finchy, you must be drawn here for some reason :wink:

Thought I'd come and tell some Tory boys they're wrong. :P :P :P
  • Stevo_666
    Want some sauce with your chips? :)
  • finchy
    I'll have to make some first. Do you want me to cut the potatoes thick or thin? I can do you some fish fingers to go with them if you want, and I've got a jar of tartar sauce in the fridge.
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    I'll have to make some first. Do you want me to cut the potatoes thick or thin? I can do you some fish fingers to go with them if you want, and I've got a jar of tartar sauce in the fridge.
    Do a good job and I'll recommend you for a gold star :)
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Do a good job and I'll recommend you for a gold star :)

You'd recommend me for a Michelin star if you tasted my chips.
  • Stevo_666
    I admire your ambition. You're bit of a Tory underneath it all really.
  • finchy
    Nah, I'll be cooking quality chips for the common man and woman at affordable prices.

Vive la revolution!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Listen fellow aspirers of the Republic of Great Britain and great chip eaters, Stevo 666 is betraying his roots.
    He is from Middlesborough and is fighting his inner desire to spout leftie bollox because he is a closet leftie in denial.

@ Finchy. If your going to be cooking quality chips in the Vive le Revolution vein, will you be sauteeing them?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • finchy
    I'm going to do a variety. Thin, thick, crispy, fluffy, sauteed. Morale must be kept high as we storm the barricades of Vtech's castle (protected by Stevo using a kitchen knife sellotaped to a broom handle).
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    I'm going to do a variety. Thin, thick, crispy, fluffy, sauteed. Morale must be kept high as we storm the barricades of Vtech's castle (protected by Stevo using a kitchen knife sellotaped to a broom handle).
    Oh dear, the peasants are revolting again....
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Oh dear, the peasants are revolting again....

And here you are, pondering what to do.

Macaroni_19C_illus.jpg
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Listen fellow aspirers of the Republic of Great Britain and great chip eaters, Stevo 666 is betraying his roots.
    He is from Middlesborough and is fighting his inner desire to spout leftie bollox because he is a closet leftie in denial.

@ Finchy. If your going to be cooking quality chips in the Vive le Revolution vein, will you be sauteeing them?
    I bet he takes a train back just for a chicken parmo supper and a can of super.
  • Stevo_666
    nathancom wrote:
    You have no idea do you. I take the National Express.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    nathancom wrote:
    You have no idea do you. I take the National Express.

I hear you lot up north are so hard up for cash that taxi drivers have a phrase "gash for cash" and one wonders if National Express take this payment method?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu