New steel gate - Condor Acciaio

styxd
styxd Posts: 3,234
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
Fancied something a bit bigger than my last frame so thought I'd give one of these ago. Yet to ride it so saddle position will probably change. The headtube is pretty long so may end up with a -17 stem aswell. Don't know much about these frames so I'm looking forward to a trip out on it.

CondorAcciaio_zpscd540b34.jpg

Comments

• velogee
    velogee Posts: 133
    Yeah, I'm loving that. What the build chap?
    Madone 4.9 2014
    Jeffsy 27.5 2018
  • andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    edited March 2014
    I've had my Acciaio for about 6 years now. Pretty much the perfect bike for me. Quick, reliable, comfortable, looks good.

Have fun!
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    That looks…

dogs-bollocks.jpg

Enjoy!
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • styxd
    Cheers. Glad to hear they’re a robust, nice riding frame.
    velogee wrote:
    Yeah, I'm loving that. What the build chap?

Spec is a SRAM Rival groupset, 105 cassette, Zipp Service Course SL stem and seatpost (may require an inline, not sure till I ride it), Specialized Romin Evo carbon saddle, Pro bars, Velocity A23 rims with Hope hubs, Conti GP4000s 23c tyres and Shimano 105 pedals.
  • the_fuggler
    the_fuggler Posts: 1,228
    Still loving the Acciaio. Great frame. Nice build!
    FCN 3 / 4
  • andrewc3142
    andrewc3142 Posts: 906
    Nice build indeed.

A mate of mine got one with Sram after having a go on mine and I have to say I'm the teensiest bit jealous.

With you on the GP4000s tyres.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Let me know when you decide it's too big............
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • flintlock
    flintlock Posts: 105
    What size is that? I've got a fratello and thinking of one of these for summer
  • styxd
    Flintlock wrote:
    What size is that? I've got a fratello and thinking of one of these for summer

It's a size 61, hence the mammoth headtube. I was tempted to go for a custom build since it's £100 more I think, then I could have specced a shorter headtube, but I wasnt prepared to wait since I needed something sharpish.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Looks great, especially for such a big size. Love the slammed stem. Just shows that most carbon bikes have too short a headtube.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Lush, though it does make mine (a 53) look like a child's bike!
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • styxd
    Lush, though it does make mine (a 53) look like a child's bike!

Haha, I'm a tall bastard. The daft headtube on mine is probably a similar length as your seat tube.
  • flintlock
    flintlock Posts: 105
    Thanks for that. Im going to go for custom, basically a std 58 with a slightly shorter top tube. That will still come with a 205mm headtube the same as my fratello.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    ride and enjoy...
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    inseine wrote:
    Just shows that most carbon bikes have too short a headtube.

I would dispute this statement, severely.

I've got to agree with you there, very few off the shelf bikes nowadays have 'short' headtubes, most people in the know can see the trend has clearly been that headtubes have got taller in general in the last few years.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    mfin wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Just shows that most carbon bikes have too short a headtube.

I would dispute this statement, severely.

I've got to agree with you there, very few off the shelf bikes nowadays have 'short' headtubes, most people in the know can see the trend has clearly been that headtubes have got taller in general in the last few years.

Oh, you mean 'sportive' geometry/bikes? (aka marketing b0ll0cks)
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • styxd
    I agree, I dont think headtubes are too short on carbon road bikes at all. I think it's just the cycling market has changed, these days there's a lot of "leisure" cyclists who probably enjoy a couple of rides per week and that's it. I imagine they don't bother "refining" their position on the bike and are happy to go with how it came from the shop i.e. with a mountain of spacers. And then there's also the assumption that a high stem is more comfortable, which is the opposite of what I've found. I just forces you to sit in an upright position putting strain on your lower back.

Been out on it five times now and it rides very nicely, I think with a lower stem it'd be spot on.

CondorAcciaio2_zps1a1ae957.jpg
  • calumf50
    calumf50 Posts: 16

Put me on that list too.

Nice bike fella!

Our ride round the lake the other day got me researching acciaio's and found this thread. Very tempted... :mrgreen:
  • amey
    amey Posts: 430
    Is this custom geo?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    :D:D
  • styxd
    calumf50 wrote:

Put me on that list too.

Nice bike fella!

Our ride round the lake the other day got me researching acciaio's and found this thread. Very tempted... :mrgreen:

Well, I havent sold it yet so it must be alrite I guess!
    amey wrote:
    Is this custom geo?

No, If I couldve been bothered to wait I would have gone for custom I think. Instead I decided to opt for the one with the headtube the size of a small tree.
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    How tall are you actually? You don't see many big bikes when it comes to press and forum photos.
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • styxd
    Miles253 wrote:
    How tall are you actually? You don't see many big bikes when it comes to press and forum photos.

Somewhere between 6'2" and 6'3"