BBC P-R Preview #WigginsEffect

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,348
edited March 2014 in Pro race
The bespoke podcast today has a preview with Rob Hayles, Maggie and the bloke what wrote the Monuments Book...

Can't imagine it's becasue of the Sagan/Boonen/Canc battle myself but I'm only 2 mins in...
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    If it's anything like BBC's coverage of the Worlds, the big talking point will how Cav will still win, despite Wiggins' ultimate sacrifice in the service of Froome.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • ddraver
    The amatuer presenter trying to ride the Arenberg Forest is quite fun (and scary for those of us heading to RVV :( )
    - @ddraver
  • lancew
    lancew Posts: 680
    Specialized Allez Sport 2013
  • andyrac
    andyrac Posts: 1,123
    And 5Live Extra will have commentary on P-R, for the first time.
    All Road/ Gravel: tbcWinter: tbcMTB: tbcRoad: tbc"Look at the time...." "he's fallen like an old lady on a cruise ship..."
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    I always think that P-R makes a good starter race for people who previously only think of the Tour de France when road cycling is mentioned. Seeing riders going along at 25mph plus riding flimsy looking bikes on a track most people wouldn't drive down in a 4x4 adds to the mystique of the sport and is the sort of thing that can get people talking. A BBC style 'pleb' style introduction is probably a good thing.
  • ddraver wrote:
    The amatuer presenter trying to ride the Arenberg Forest is quite fun (and scary for those of us heading to RVV :( )

The Arenberg Forest isn't on the route of the Ronde Van Vlaanderen...

:D
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Maggie?
  • ddraver
    Backstead
    - @ddraver