Login Problems

capt_slog
capt_slog Posts: 3,939
I can login with IE but not with Google Chrome.

Well, I say I can login with IE, I haven't actually had to try, as fortunately I'm still logged in according to that browser. With Chrome though, it just comes up with the login screen and then hangs, with 100% cpu usage.

Any ideas of what to do please? I much prefer Chrome.

The older I get, the better I was.

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Could be a device issue. Have you tried turning the device off......... then on again?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    All good on Chrome from my side. Not too sure where you would be getting the problems.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    clear your cookies.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • capt_slog
    nicklouse wrote:
    clear your cookies.

Tried that one, but thanks anyway.

This isn't just a one-day fault, it's been like it for several on/offs. I wondered if the login was Java related, so I re-installed that. I've cleared cache, cookies etc. nothing seems to be in the way. The oddest bit is the cpu usage, trying to logon just takes the whole cpu.

• d00g81
    d00g81 Posts: 18
    Are you using extensions eg DoNotBlockMe or Ghostery?
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    I had that with a tracking extension -funnily enough the one i've got running now causes no problems - login worked in FF but not chrome - it just hung and the fan went crazy - just switched off the extension and it worked
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • capt_slog
    This weekend I bought a brand new computer. I took it out of the box and plugged it in and I can get onto the internet and do what I could do before on the old one.

Sadly, I still can't log onto this site. The moment I try the nice new PC just hangs and I have to kill the unresponsive Chrome to stop it.

I was prepared to believe that it could be my kit before with it's many hangings-on from years of well-meaning but wrongly installed software, but surely not a new out of the box PC. :?:

• Adamgt
    Adamgt Posts: 114
    I use Chrome and it is automatically logged in, I can't join the classifieds group though, it loads nothing. When I try in IE, I can't even login, I just get page cannot be displayed.

It's been like that since Saturday at least. Any news on fixing this? I think it's an issue with the forum, not a user issue. I've tried on 3 different devices too.
    Cannondale Trail SL 1 29er
    Planet X London Road
  • Stalin
    Stalin Posts: 208
    I'm unable to log out.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    I'm using Waterfox and can't login either.

I can only login if I want to post a reply to a thread, otherwise I get a blank screen :?:

Oh, and I can't use the user control panel either.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Since last night I can't log in using the 'Log In' button. I just get a blank white screen. In order to log in I have to 'reply' to a thread to get the log in screen, then cancel the reply and navigate back to the forum.

Nothing's changed from my end since I last logged in, still on iPad and iOS 7.1
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    MattC59 wrote:
    Since last night I can't log in using the 'Log In' button. I just get a blank white screen. In order to log in I have to 'reply' to a thread to get the log in screen, then cancel the reply and navigate back to the forum.

Nothing's changed from my end since I last logged in, still on iPad and iOS 7.1

I'm getting exactly the same and came here to post!

Both on IE and Safari when using iphone or ipad.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack