The whatever footie that's going on (with actual fans) thread

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    They've got Bayern - they are gonna get marmalised.

Oh - hello. Newbie here.

Hello Newbie.

I hope you know the rules of BB.

There are 5 things you need to know:
    !. Crudders (mountainbikers) are tw4ts. They are bearable tw4ts with their flappity shorts, hairy legs and an allergy to lycra. They say things like 'gnarly', 'racks' (Noorks), say 'dude' and 'meh' a lot. We sort of put up with them.
    2. Communters (commuters). They whine more than 'Thewaylanders' front wheel bearings and they complain more than Mary Whitehouse's fan club. There is nothing wrong with cummuting, commuting is a verb, communting is a mentality. We love winding them up but be careful of the gestapo.
    3. If anything goes wrong, blame Wiggle.
    4. In Bottom Bracket, you have to learn to speak pure bollox.
    5. Fixie = crime
    See point 4 and then re-read point 1 :)

Referring back to point 4 again, Pinno is not a miserable roadie tw@t :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    RVP out for 4 weeks or so.

Dear Robin,

Wenger stood by you during years of injury at Arsenal. Was it worth jumping ship after listening to that 'little boy inside you' for the sake of one and a half trophies (League, Community Shield)?
    Was it worth staying at a club that is going to be in the doldrums until you are old and grey (for one and half trophies)?

Yours
    Laughing/disgruntled Arsenal supporter
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Tough decision this weekend, United winning the Manc derby would be good (with a London derby draw) but can't bring myself to want them to win any game!
  • Stevo_666
    Pross wrote:
    Tough decision this weekend, United winning the Manc derby would be good (with a London derby draw) but can't bring myself to want them to win any game!
    I need Chelski to beat the Ar$e, and Sh1tty to draw with Manure. Much as I'd like Manure to lose 6-0, we need to keep Sh1tty off our backs.

Bring it on, North London ballet boys :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    I suspect there won't be many Arsenal fans on here after the game has finished...

The Gunners are bending over and Chelski are in full on 'Seanoconn' thrusting mode :mrgreen:
  • Pross
    How are Arsenal even top 4? They keep getting stuffed by the other big teams.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Pross wrote:
    How are Arsenal even top 4? They keep getting stuffed by the other big teams.

In the same way that French sprinters get lots of wins until they compete in a GT.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Now that's what you call an ass whupping. Feel a bit sorry for AW really given that it was his 1,000th game in charge, but being a Chelsea fan more than happy re 3 points and increase in goal difference.

Come on Citeh - stuff Manure and we'll be happier still (so long as you lose at least 2 of your games in hand that is) ....................
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTozN1MuhM-IBZZjWkoQNbg-WcgdoJDcCEsobdGyPoXuVT9ZoVyHg

:mrgreen:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Do we (The Gunners) have to beat the big boys to win the league?

Chelsea are not firing on all cyclinders (sic)

It certainly helps. All that early season optimism probably feels like a long time ago now. I saw 6 Chelsea cylinders firing today.
  • Stevo_666
    Arsenal+cabinet.jpg
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    And then there were 3...

Can't wait for Liverpool vs Chelsea

To be fair Chelsea have hardly spaffed away money in recent years, they are a very well run club. There is no reason why Arsenal couldn't match their spending.
  • cornerblock
    Best defence in the league,

Petr Cech - £7 million
    Branislav Ivanovic- £9 million
    César Azpilicueta - £7 million
    Gary Cahill- £7 million
    John Terry- nish

Not bad for a club that's been accused of 'buying the title'. Cheap at half the price.
  • Stevo_666
    arsenal-players-leaving-funny.jpg
  • sarm34
    sarm34 Posts: 182
    Arsenal .... lol
  • cornerblock
    sarm34 wrote:
    Arsenal .... lol

Indeed
  • Stevo_666
    I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Arsenal, so here's some Man U p1ss taking instead.

71731.jpg
  • finchy
    David Moyes has been to see the doctor. He has a bad side.
  • Stevo_666
    frim.jpg
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    frim.jpg
    At least Man U can't laugh about the Andy Carroll deal any more.
  • 3 effing nil COME ON YOU BLUES⚽️⚽️⚽️
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    Arsenal forgot their parachute :lol:
  • cornerblock
    It's looking like Thursday nights on Channel 5 then.
  • Pross

If their lucky.
  • finchy
    Pross wrote:

If their lucky.

They are lucky - they only have Spurs and ManUre behind them. :lol::lol::lol:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I know Bruneel used to do the SF training camps to get his teams bonding but surely Arsene has taken it too far this time:

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/ea ... 59808.html
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    A message for any PSG fans:

C'est la vie (as they say in England) :mrgreen:
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:

somehow knew you would be a happy bunny tonight!
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

somehow knew you would be a happy bunny tonight!
    Tomorrow morning will be good as well since one of my minions is a PSG fan :twisted:
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    auf geht's bayern