Tinder -what is it about

dodgerdog
dodgerdog Posts: 292
edited March 2014 in The bottom bracket
Is it a wonder new web tool or just FB for the new generation?
Allez Triple (hairy with mudguards) - FCN 4
Ribble Gran Fondo

Comments

• nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    I thought it was a dating app, not entirely sure. I am definitely glad I don't need to worry about what it is.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I thought it was to help boy scouts light fires.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    I thought it was how Kiwis described their lamb.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    According to wiki ( thought I'd better tell you that just in case you thought I made this up)...

Using Facebook profiles, Tinder gathers users' basic information and analyzes users' social graph to match potential candidates who are most likely to want to touch each others genitalia. Based on the results of potential candidates, the app allows the user to anonymously like or pass them. If two users like each other then it results in a "match" and Tinder introduces the two users and opens a chat.

It didn't rule out the sheep Cornerblock :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I thought you made fire by rubbing two Boy Scouts together...
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I don't think you're allowed to rub boy scouts anymore :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    No yr probably right. Don't want a court case 30 years on now...
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    It's an application that uses digital profiles to determine who you want to shag in the immediate vicinity. Basically it finds you people to have sex with without the bother and inconvenience of having to decide if you might like them yourself or even walk very far to find them. The computer does all that for you.

TBH, I'm not sure when you meet the person in question if you are supposed to get down and dirty with them personally or whether you just leave your respective phones together somewhere private.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    So what do you include in your profile: 'slag', 'tart', 'easy', 'politician', ....?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Me-109 wrote:
    So what do you include in your profile: 'slag', 'tart', 'easy', 'politician', ....?

Hows about 'Parent of toddler seeks nursery teacher...' :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:

Oi! I wasn't seeking :lol:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    seanoconn wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:

Oi! I wasn't seeking :lol:

But now you know how easy it would be............
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Me-109 wrote:

Hows about 'Parent of toddler seeks over inflated polymer coated sex beast called Belinda for fun and games in the afternoon'. :wink:

Any alterations to the alteration Bally?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's very interesting. I'm mid 20's and heard about it last Summer. Take 5 of your facebook photos (it has to be FB as it verifies your age/who you are from FB). Then set up an account. People see your 1st name, age, gender and any mutual facebook friends. You get go hunting. Filter by age, distance and gender. Obviously its 'just for fun' and 'im never going to take it seriously'. You essentially just click 'like' or 'not' and if a girl likes you as well, you match.

Get chatting, meet up, rut, repeat. The interesting thing about it is that given you have no idea who these people are, you can say some rather horrendous things (not insulting per se, just be very forward, gross, graphic etc) and you would be surprised how well it's received when you don't give 2 stuffs whether you chat to her ever again.

I got a girlfriend just as I got it, so never met anyone, but a friend has over 1000 matches and on his 1st 'date' got a blozza at his desk after some evening drinks. Took another to 'killing kittens' and has been systematically shagging random girls since.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I don't think I have 5 photos on Facebook. I don't think married middle aged men are the target for this kind of thing though.
  • Anonymous
    Probably not. But it is can make for an interesting social experiment insofar as when you worry about what a girl may think if you say 'x' or 'how far can I push it before she tells me to get lost'

you'd be surprised just how far you can push it and how actually girls respond well and how much they appreciate it when you're a bit (or a lot in many cases) more boisterous than the average dweeb who says 'hi can I buy you a drink'
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    coriordan wrote:
    got a blozza at his desk ... Took another to 'killing kittens'

Eh? :?
  • Anonymous
    He took a girl on a date, they went for drinks. He asked her back to his house to which she replied 'sorry, I'm not that kind of girl'. He then suggested 'what about my office'. She replied. Go on then. Then they went to his desk where she got down on her knees.

Killing kittens is (from what I hear) a sex orgy for invitees only. Only girls can apply to go, and can bring a guy with them.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    coriordan wrote:
    He took a girl on a date, they went for drinks. He asked her back to his house to which she replied 'sorry, I'm not that kind of girl'. He then suggested 'what about my office'. She replied. Go on then. Then they went to his desk where she got down on her knees.

Killing kittens is (from what I hear) a sex orgy for invitees only. Only girls can apply to go, and can bring a guy with them.
    Mmmmm, sounds romantic
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    Things you learn on a cycling forum, (think I must be getting old).
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    yeh...and I thought "killing kittens" involved a microwave.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • pdstsp
    Do like the word "blozza" though - it certainly saves the trouble of saying the whole "blow job" thing.
    (I'm just jealous I've never been invited to a killing kittens do - though at my time of life probably actually killing kittens would be less stressful than the orgy)
  • Anonymous
    Liverpudlian, never heard the word blozza? Oh well.

The funny thing is that people DO meet, frequently. There are stories of people getting married from it.

One of my favourite 'taglines' someone had on their profile was 'willing to lie about how we met'
  • pdstsp
    Sheltered life obviously!

Reminds me of meeting up with an old school friend shortly after facebook became the big thing. I was using it merely as a way of keeping an eye on what my teenagers might or might not be up to and thought it was a bit of a waste of space but my mate was completely the opposite -he was using it as a way of meeting women and being pretty successful.