Lapierre Xelius 400 EFI FDJ DB

johnr76
johnr76 Posts: 56
edited April 2014 in Your road bikes
My new ride for the nicer weather. Just hoping I can do it justice.

Ignore the slightly downward pointing saddle and the pain my rear mech is in!

Lapierre Xelius 400 EFI FDJ DB - 2013

Frame : NEW EFI CARBON
Fork : LP CARBON
Bottom Bracket : SHIMANO PRESSFIT
Crankset : SHIMANO ULTEGRA DOUBLE39X52
Stem : DEDA ZERO2 WHITE
Seatpost : DEDA ZERO 100 WHITE
Handlebar : DEDA RHM02
Front derailleur : SHIMANO ULTEGRA DOUBLE
Rear derailleur : SHIMANO ULTEGRA 10S
Brakes : SHIMANO ULTEGRA
Shifters : SHIMANO ULTEGRA
Saddle : FIZIK ANTARES
Wheel : MAVIC KSYRIUM ELITE S
Sprocket : SHIMANO ULTEGRA 10S 12-25
Tires : MAVIC 700X23
Weight : 7,2 kg

bike_zpsb4c87735.jpg

Comments

• Thank God they decided to put Lapierre stickers all over the place otherwise one could have mistaken the bike for a Trek or a Cannondale.... :?
    It's a beautiful bike indeed but seriously,those excessive Lapierre stickers make it very 2010/2011.
    Specialized Tarmac Sworks
    Canyon Spectral 8.9
  • johnr76
    Thank God they decided to put Lapierre stickers all over the place otherwise one could have mistaken the bike for a Trek or a Cannondale.... :?
    It's a beautiful bike indeed but seriously,those excessive Lapierre stickers make it very 2010/2011.
    Noted. I'll sand a couple off to bring it make it more aesthetically 2013/2014.

I know what you mean though and I was considering the all plain all black look at first but saw this and couldn't pass up the good deal.
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Very nice indeed. I like the look of the team colours and the stickers. Stealth can look good but there's nothing wrong with a bike looking a bit "pro" either. Nice one.
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • johnr76
    I don't think those stickers are excessive.

Too many people delude themselves that their bike looks cool, understated and classy when actually it looks dull as dishwater.

I like it, though I'm not sure how you stay on that saddle! I've got the Antares and have it tilted up a degree or 2
    The saddle has been straightened somewhat. I wasn't sure about the colours or graphics before and was kind of taken in by the stealth looking bikes but since buying the bike I love the look of it.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    8) 8) 8)
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Brilliant choice of seatpost and saddle to go on that frame's colour scheme!
  • That looks great as it is, definately keep the stickers. I really like the look of Lapierre bikes, not enough of them about which is actually a good thing and you've got a winner. Enjoy!
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    LBS stocks Lapierre and they look ace in the flesh. Nice one :D
  • johnr76
    That looks great as it is, definitely keep the stickers. I really like the look of Lapierre bikes, not enough of them about which is actually a good thing and you've got a winner. Enjoy!
    I'll definitely be leaving it as it is (there was a hint of sarcasm when I said I would get sandpaper onto it). I love the look of it but can't currently enjoy it as i'm in Germany and the bike is in Devon :( . I will get reacquainted with it at the weekend.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looks great, love the colour scheme
  • johnr76
    A week in the Lake District and I can confirm the bike goes up (albeit slowly with me on it)!

Stayed close to Hartside Pass which gave me and the bike a good workout. The bike needs a lot less work than I do and rides like a dream. Love it.

I had my tools in a spare bottle and it was only when I took the photo that I realised I'd lost the top off it.

photo_zps05ae4d6d.jpg
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    love it!
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Brilliant bike, love it and the 'team look' stickers!
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • llen
    llen Posts: 65
    That bike is absolutely mint....defo my fav on this forum.