The i can't wake up Tuesday thread

Thewaylander
Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
What no morning thread yet? and i thought i was lazy!

Morning party people,

Bit of a slow start today, burning porridge and thinking i need to MOT the motor next week!

other than that work... ish

laters after coffee!

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Today I'll be riding round cones in a figure-of-eight fashion until I run out of petrol.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Yesterday's 2 hour wine training turned into a late one.

Not told the missus that I'm playing out again tomorrow.

laters!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning plunge clungers,
    Bit moist out there. Work this morning then off to the hospital for my 10 year check up with the oncologist. I know I'm alright, but I'm still shitting myself. I've been awake half the night and am more than a little tense. Somewhat lacking in patience at the moment, I might pull someone's arms off and beat them with the soggy ends just for kicks.
    I think I need a bit more than tea right now. Anybody got any biscuits?
  • ste_t
    Veronese68 wrote:

Rum?

Pour it on your cornflakes, no-one will know
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    good luck Veronese68

today is meetings, followed by study
  • veronese68
    ste_t wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Rum?

Pour it on your cornflakes, no-one will know
    Good idea, I stole some bourbon creams from marketing to keep me going.
    Thanks Matt.
  • veronese68
    Just got back from the hospital and I'm very happy. I've now been completely discharged. Nearly 10 years from diagnosis followed by 8 months of chemo before I was in remission. They now consider the chances of reccurrence so slim they've signed me off. I'm over the moon, and knackered. I think I'll have a kip, then a beer.
  • ste_t
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just got back from the hospital and I'm very happy. I've now been completely discharged. Nearly 10 years from diagnosis followed by 8 months of chemo before I was in remission. They now consider the chances of reccurrence so slim they've signed me off. I'm over the moon, and knackered. I think I'll have a kip, then a beer.

Congratulations! Have several beers on us (we'll pay you back, honest.)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Nice one Veronese, good to see people beating the 'Big C' 8)

Evening Clungehounds,

Another day on the corporate hamster wheel for me but at least I'm pedalling tomorrow. My plans for Cwmcarn in a few weeks got scuppered when they shifted their frikkin uplift dates, but at least we got a booking at BPW after a group cancelled. That's the double header scuppered bit its better than nout.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:

either you need a 'visit to a supplier' or I do and we can celebrate this properly
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Veronese68 wrote:

Excellent news mate :)
  • veronese68
    Thanks guys, only had the one beer as I'm utterly knackered. I fell asleep for a while earlier, I think it's coming down from the worrying added to lack of sleep. Back to the hospital tomorrow morning but for physio on my old git shoulder.
    We should get together for a beer Matt. Your place or mine? Difficult to get out for visits now, a few nice days and it's busy as hell as all the fools have got the old cars out for spring and promptly broken down.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

either you need a 'visit to a supplier' or I do and we can celebrate this properly

I totally mis-read that last night and thought you were telling him to go and buy some drugs :lol:
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thanks guys, only had the one beer as I'm utterly knackered. I fell asleep for a while earlier, I think it's coming down from the worrying added to lack of sleep. Back to the hospital tomorrow morning but for physio on my old git shoulder.
    We should get together for a beer Matt. Your place or mine? Difficult to get out for visits now, a few nice days and it's busy as hell as all the fools have got the old cars out for spring and promptly broken down.

I will get you a listing of our old stock for you to review?????? :wink:
  • tlw1
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I totally mis-read that last night and thought you were telling him to go and buy some drugs :lol:

maybe I was :wink:
  • veronese68
    matthew h wrote:
    welshkev wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

maybe I was :wink:
    It would probably be more interesting than what we actually do for a living.
    I did know a drug dealer in Italy. He gave up politics and took up dealing because it was safer. To be fair his politics was being in the red brigade and blowing things up, he was completely insane.