Watching the classics

mooro
mooro Posts: 480
edited March 2014 in Pro race
Hi,

I have the first week of Easter off and need to decide which race to take the family to see. I think paris roubaix is the first weekend possible and Amstel being the second.

I am quite keen on Paris roubaix as I think we will see the race a couple of times. The downside is it is great watching on TV.

Amstel would be good, we know the area having been the world championships there so it is easier for the kids.

Appreciate anyone's thoughts / comments.

Comments

• I would have thought Amstel would have been better with kids in tow, depending on how old they are.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Mooro wrote:
    Appreciate anyone's thoughts / comments.

Leave the kids at home and get bladdered at the bottom of the Cauberg.
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Or, stay home and leave the kids to get bladdered at the bottom of the Cauberg.
  • mooro
    Thanks greased, that's what I was thinking. Roubaix probably entails a few too many dashes across fields to see the next one for me.

My lad still talks about being on my shoulders in the middle of all the dancing and singing at the bottom of the Cauberg when the world champs were there. Amazing atmosphere. Probably where he got his fondness for leffe....
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    Mooro wrote:
    My lad still talks about being on my shoulders in the middle of all the dancing and singing at the bottom of the Cauberg when the world champs were there. Amazing atmosphere. Probably where he got his fondness for leffe....

It's easy to forget just how impressionable kids can be: probably best to keep them away from Belgium/Flanders, then...
  • mooro
    That's exactly why we moved away from newcastle when we had kids!
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    There are some things even Worldy-wise adults can't comprehend - so how do you go about explaining those to a sprog?

Grown adults choosing to cycle up steep cobbled farm tracks, for a start: grown adults choosing to go out mid-Winter in their underwear, is another…

Why haven't there been any Geordie classics winners, come to think of it…?