Where Was Stannard in MSR ?

roadiesean
roadiesean Posts: 577
edited March 2014 in Pro race
I have to admit to having been buried in work the last week or so, but where in Gods name was Ian Stannard in MSR yesterday ? Wins Het Niewsthingy and was a real force of nature in the hideous weather in 2013. Why wasn't he there this year ? I know Swifty did well and boy, didn't he do well, but Stannard ? He's on great form obviously and is a monster in that sort of weather !

Where was he ???

:roll:

Comments

• Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Because clearly the team figured on balance it was more than likely to come down to suiting the sprinters. So the leader spots were given to EBH and Swift. Both of whom are also pretty good in that kind of weather.

And it all worked out well.
  • roadiesean
    Fair enough, but EBH ?? Starting to look like yesterdays (almost) man really, he is more than a little disappointing really.

Opinions on a postcard please !
  • Richmond Racer
    roadiesean wrote:
    Fair enough, but EBH ?? Starting to look like yesterdays (almost) man really, he is more than a little disappointing really.

Opinions on a postcard please !

Discussion been going on in the MSR thread on that point...
  • roadiesean
    Best have a look at that then ;-)

Thanks RR
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    It's just squad rotation, innit.

Plenty of equivalent talents missing from MSR - Boom, Vanmarcke, Terpstra, Phinney, Turgot, Vandenbergh, Breschel, Nuyens etc. None at MSR. Some of these may be injured, I don't know, but they're all looking ahead to more suitable races.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    roadiesean wrote:
    Where was he ???

They're saving him to tow Wiggo around till he climbs off at the feed before Arenberg. Obv.

:wink:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    RichN95 wrote:

Plenty of equivalent talents missing from MSR - Boom, Vanmarcke, Terpstra, Phinney, Turgot, Vandenbergh, Breschel, Nuyens etc. None at MSR. Some of these may be injured, I don't know, but they're all looking ahead to more suitable races.

Boom got broken at PN. The rest prefer pave over Primavera: Same as Stan.
    Still, the Clinic conspiracy addicts think it fishy...............they just haven't got a theory as to why.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    Still, the Clinic conspiracy addicts think it fishy...............they just haven't got a theory as to why.
    They're incapable of processing any idea that doesn't involve doping.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    RichN95 wrote:

Terpstra was busy racing, and winning, at Sloten on Saturday instead of MSR
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    RichN95 wrote:

Jaysus, I must stop looking on there - they're not currently saying Stannard is on the sauce (because they don't know enough about him) but apprently Vos and Froome definitely are because they spent time in South Africa this winter.
  • RichN95.
    mm1 wrote:
    Jaysus, I must stop looking on there - they're not currently saying Stannard is on the sauce (because they don't know enough about him) but apprently Vos and Froome definitely are because they spent time in South Africa this winter.
    The South African one with Froome is very suspicious though. Why would someone who spent much of his life in South Africa, has South African friends, a father in South Africa and a South African girlfriend go to South Africa? To avoid OOC tests is the only reasonable explanation.
  • RichN95.
    Markwb79 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Terpstra was busy racing, and winning, at Sloten on Saturday instead of MSR
    And Turgot was coming third in a race in France.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    RichN95 wrote:
    mm1 wrote:
    The South African one with Froome is very suspicious though. Why would someone who spent much of his life in South Africa, has South African friends, a father in South Africa and a South African girlfriend go to South Africa? To avoid OOC tests is the only reasonable explanation.
    So he has got no reasons at all? Definitely something ropey there. It's not like it's even warm there either :wink:
  • Richmond Racer
    mm1 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

God knows what they think of MTN Qubeka then
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    RichN95 wrote:
    mm1 wrote:

I reckon he's waiting for the results of Oscar's trial and if favourable he'll be doing away with the nuisance that is Cound.
  • Richmond Racer
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    mm1 wrote:

I reckon he's waiting for the results of Oscar's trial and if favourable he'll be doing away with the nuisance that is Cound.

Hmm. There's a pic of him on the Twatters stroking a big fluffy white cat in Blofield-stylie...

Bang to rights, I'd say
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Pross wrote:

Really? Since when has misogyny been acceptable on here? Especially something as distasteful as this?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    andyp wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Really? Since when has misogyny been acceptable on here? Especially something as distasteful as this?

The Sagan sexual assault led to rather a lot of it iirc. Admittedly I may be thinking of the other place - can't be arsed to check,
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • jane90
    jane90 Posts: 149
    The_Boy wrote:
    andyp wrote:

The Sagan sexual assault led to rather a lot of it iirc.
    You do recall correctly. I was so appalled by a lot of what was posted about the Sagan incident that I hadnt been back to this forum until today.
  • The_Boy wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Pross wrote:

The Sagan sexual assault led to rather a lot of it iirc. Admittedly I may be thinking of the other place - can't be arsed to check,

How can you remember correctly if you only registered on the site in March 2014?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    The_Boy wrote:
    andyp wrote:
    Pross wrote:

How can you remember correctly if you only registered on the site in March 2014?

Because you don't have to be a registered member to read the fora.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy