Raceface bottom bracket
Raceface Next SL cranks
XX1 rear mech/shifter/cassette/chain
XTR trail brakes
2014 E13 TRS Race wheelset
Rockshox reverb stealth seatpost
Charge Ti scoop saddle
Maxxis high roller II 3C rear tyre
Schwalbe Hans Dampf front tyre (both tubeless)
Frame and forks have been Invisiframed

Rear shock is getting changed to a CCDBA CD very shortly.

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Oh no. You have made a terrible decision. But its not too late, send the bike to me, delete this thread and no one need know.....

Yeah, alright. Nice bike!
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • Very very nice indeed!! I love those cranks!! Did I spy kcnc razor rotors among that pile of uber components? Let me know how you get on with them as its an upgrade I'm considering.
    James
  • Dawesy92
    Dawesy92 Posts: 606
    That bikes amazing.. looks an awesome spec too.. now go and get it dirty!!! :-)
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    Great bikes, you will love it I think mine is amazing.

Cranks are awesome as well, get some crank skins on them, the standard protection is not too good and drops off easily.
  • miker
    miker Posts: 177
    Thanks for the comments guys! Ordered some yellow translucent crank skins and sock things just now!
  • Cqc
    Cqc Posts: 951
    Wow, great bike! How much was the damage? Are those carbon wheels? What made you go with the 35mm bars?
  • miker
    Er.... Not sure on the total damage... Got quite a few bargains from the US, if you built it at full cost, around 7k I would imagine! No they are they new 2014 E13 TRS race, I couldn't quite stretch/justify the Enves! I went with the 35mm bars for the width and because I got the bars/stem for a bargain!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    You have too much money and I am jealous. Serious bike. Never mind, it would be wasted on me anyway, lol...
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Serious bike. Never mind, it would be wasted on me anyway, lol...

I think you'll find most bikes like this are wasted on their owners!
  • miker
    lawman wrote:

Useful comment!! Pretty sure it's better to spend it on this than piss it away down the pub! Anyway half the fun for me is chasing bargains, buying the bits and building it....that said it will get ridden loads, I'm doing some gravity enduro races this year and can't wait to take it over to Colorado in September!
  • Dick Scruttock
    Dick Scruttock Posts: 2,533
    miker wrote:
    Anyway half the fun for me is chasing bargains, buying the bits and building it.

Thats part of the fun for me as well, I got a brand new Float X mega cheap from America and my Enve AM wheels. Love saving money and riding round on a pimped up bike that most people think cost the earth :lol:
  • miker
    miker wrote:
    Anyway half the fun for me is chasing bargains, buying the bits and building it.

Thats part of the fun for me as well, I got a brand new Float X mega cheap from America and my Enve AM wheels. Love saving money and riding round on a pimped up bike that most people think cost the earth :lol:

How much did you get the enves for if you don't mind me asking?
  • KevChallis
    KevChallis Posts: 646
    Wow!!! Just wow, loving this very much!!
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • lawman
    miker wrote:
    lawman wrote:

Useful comment!! Pretty sure it's better to spend it on this than wee-wee it away down the pub! Anyway half the fun for me is chasing bargains, buying the bits and building it....that said it will get ridden loads, I'm doing some gravity enduro races this year and can't wait to take it over to Colorado in September!

No doubt it's better than pissing it away down the pub, but very few folks are gonna be skilled enough to really get the most from it. Makes it no less fun to own though!
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    lawman wrote:
    Serious bike. Never mind, it would be wasted on me anyway, lol...

Maybe so, but I'd be surprised if he can't do it more justice than I could. :lol:

It wouldn't stop me nipping over to Stif and ordering a top spec 5010C in orange if I won the lottery though...
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    lawman wrote:
    miker wrote:
    No doubt it's better than pissing it away down the pub, but very few folks are gonna be skilled enough to really get the most from it. Makes it no less fun to own though!

How many Ferrari owners are skilled enough to fully exploit the handling of their cars, how many owners of 100K HiFis can really tell the difference, how many players can max out their carbon and titanium infused tennis racquet? Technology is always way ahead of us mere mortals. But at least you know the kit is not holding you back and there's always the 'feel' – you can often feel the difference, even if you can't use it.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Going to test ride one of these soon, but think its going to lose out to the mondy like the VPP bike i rode did but i have fairly indivual tastes. Still looks lovely
  • lawman
    lawman wrote:
    miker wrote:

How many Ferrari owners are skilled enough to fully exploit the handling of their cars, how many owners of 100K HiFis can really tell the difference, how many players can max out their carbon and titanium infused tennis racquet? Technology is always way ahead of us mere mortals. But at least you know the kit is not holding you back and there's always the 'feel' – you can often feel the difference, even if you can't use it.

No doubt about that! I think very few of us would be able to fully exploit many bikes, let alone one decked to hilt in fancy kit! :lol:
  • brucie45
    brucie45 Posts: 279
    I think that would be my lottery build, very very nice bike!
    Commencal Ramones Cromo 13 - viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12926938
  • qooqiiu
    qooqiiu Posts: 212
    Who really give a toss about exploiting the full potential out of their bikes. I enjoy (yeah enjoy) cycling up the road to the shops on mine. I also enjoy just looking at it! Section me now.
  • Angus Young
    qooqiiu wrote:
    Who really give a toss about exploiting the full potential out of their bikes. I enjoy (yeah enjoy) cycling up the road to the shops on mine. I also enjoy just looking at it! Section me now.

Perfect answer.
  • lawman
    qooqiiu wrote:

I enjoy any ride as much as anyone, I was just agreeing with Kowalski that many folks won't reach the limits of their bikes, as long as you're having fun thats the main thing!
  • Angus Young
    lawman wrote:
    I enjoy any ride as much as anyone, I was just agreeing with Kowalski that many folks won't reach the limits of their bikes, as long as you're having fun thats the main thing!

I don't reach the limits of my shoes, let alone my bike! :)
  • BikeSwan
    BikeSwan Posts: 260
    Great looking bike dude. I'm currently waiting on a pair of the TRS-R wheels. How do you like them?
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I take it your not planning do any sort of long downhill runs - seems an odd choice of brake disc considering the spec of the bike (nice BTW)
  • lawman
    POAH wrote:
    I take it your not planning do any sort of long downhill runs - seems an odd choice of brake disc considering the spec of the bike (nice BTW)

I did wonder that as well tbh! :lol:
  • miker
    Wheels are really good, much improved over last years, uprated bearings/freehub etc and still really light. They've taken a hammering and BPW and are still great, seem to be nice and stiff.
    As for the rotors they were an interim measure, now have 180mm Shimano ice techs.