Presta Tyre Pressure Gauge

iwilldoit
iwilldoit Posts: 710
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi All

Any recommendations for the above please, the one I have seems to let out more air than tell you what is inside the tube :lol::lol:

Tried it by feel this morning, 5 punctures latter, mind they all seemed to happen at once and only half a mile from home, I thought it might of got it wrong and the tyre was under inflated, it defo was by the time I got home :lol::lol:

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    One of these you press it against tyre and go "bitmore" or "bit less" or "about right"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1em2Nwn0R_3vU_w-3jGsBxMsFr9g-rGp-LxMtFLFxLm1BnSAZ
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • iwilldoit
    stubs wrote:
    One of these you press it against tyre and go "bitmore" or "bit less" or "about right"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1em2Nwn0R_3vU_w-3jGsBxMsFr9g-rGp-LxMtFLFxLm1BnSAZ

Tried it by feel this morning, 5 punctures latter, mind they all seemed to happen at once and only half a mile from home, I thought it might of got it wrong and the tyre was under inflated, it defo was by the time I got home :lol::lol:

Try a bit more next time :D
  • I go by feel , may be easier to just get a presta /schrader adapter.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Track pump - useful anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • iwilldoit
    cooldad wrote:
    Track pump - useful anyway.

Cheers Cooldad

That's what I've been using not sure how accurate it is though, might have to get my thumb re calibrated :shock:
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    iwilldoit wrote:
    That's what I've been using not sure how accurate it is though

The gauges on most pumps are generally pretty innacurate. Maybe different on something like a stupidly price Lezyne one (I would hope so, given the asking price). The main reason I ditched my OE presta tubes was that all my pressure gauges (and my footpump, which has a wildly innacurate gauge) are schraeder.