Land Rover Cotopaxi. Any Good?

inch71
inch71 Posts: 12
edited March 2014 in MTB buying advice
Hi
I'm new to MTB, & I'm looking for a 2nd hand, but decent quality MTB. I've been looking on Gumtree, Ebay & Pinkbike, so got a reasonable idea as to what I can get for my money. I have a budget of around £160 ish.
I've been offered a Land Rover Cotopaxi, but I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere. It looks like a nice bike & sounds reasonable spec for the money, but I was just wondering if you more experienced guys could shed any light on them. Here's a list of the specs the guy sent me.
Thanks in advance for any replies

Land Rover Catopaxi model
17" brushed 7005 aluminium frame
Shimano Acer Gears 24 speed
SR Suntour XCT V2 'lockable' front forks
SR Suntour pedal cranks
Tioga handle bars and stem
Tektro disc brakes front and rear
Continental 'speed king' 2.1 tyres
(will include FOC 2 new Scwalbe City Jet slick tyres)

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Doesn't sound brilliant to be honest, most of the bike that car manufacturers sell are overpriced 'accessories' that are pretty crap.

Try looking at a Carrera Vulcan second hand, decent starter bike, also look in the classifieds here.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • inch71
    inch71 Posts: 12
    Ok thanks.
    Thought that might be the case, as I couldn't find any reviews, but saw them being sold on Amazon, so alarm bells started ringing, hence the query on here
  • Cookeh
    Cookeh Posts: 351
    The XCT is the biggest POS on this planet.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    They are sh1t. My previous employer owned a few Land Rover dealerships and I could get them at cost price. Even at less than £150 I decided it wasn't worth the money.