Wilier Cento Uno SR 2014

Grifteruk
Grifteruk Posts: 244
edited July 2014 in Your road bikes
Back in 2011 I picked up the best frame I have ever ridden and having ridden several other frames during that time have never found anything else close to it in terms of comfort, climbing and descending. The original frame is shown in my signature tag below.

For 2014 it didn't take me long to decide on a replacement upgrading to the 2014 Wilier Cento SR, which arrived at the LBS today ready for building up this week. Hopefully a pick is going to show up below:

if not then link here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/50922670@ ... otostream/

Hopefully by the end of the week I will have some fully built pics. It is being built up with:

Dura Ace 9000 with Stages 9000 powermeter and dura ace carbon pedals
3T Ergonova carbon bars
Easton EC90sl stem
Prologo Nago saddle (in pic)
Shimano c24 9000 wheelset
Bottle cages to be confirmed.
Undecided on bar tape colour yet - will be blue if I can match the colour but if not then white.

It is a custom colour so hopefully I wont see a duplicate in my lifetime !! I'm told its the only one in this colour that's ever been made, so a bit of Italian history all to myself :D

Comments

• Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Sooo nice can't wait to see this finished!
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished build. Not sure on the saddle, it's nice, but I'd like to see this with mainly white saddle and white tape- your call though, it'll be stunning either way

13221860825_6ac1282703_c.jpg
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    That BB shell is huuuuge. Looks good
  • Liking that finish very much! :D
  • that is a beautiful frame. is that a mirror finish by the bb?
  • Mart74
    Mart74 Posts: 111
    Fantastic, can't wait to see if built up.

I've got one on order in black and fluro yellow, it's been 4 weeks now, less than 4 and should be here :D

Keep us updated please.
  • Grifteruk
    Thanks all - yeah there is a mirror finish by the bb I think to protect from damage. Gonna be a long week before I get to take it out for a spin !
  • Considering that's the second best frame colour its not too bad. :wink:

Joking aside its a lovely looking thing. I've seen a few cento airs in that colour but that's the first SR.

I look forward to seeing it built up.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • That is going to look very very pretty.
  • Grifteruk
    It has been built, but needs a few tweaks to make it look fully presentable. I have tried blue bar tape but it is not 100% right at the moment and the front fork is yet to be cut so has an ugly lump on top of the stem !!

Wiggle took a hammering this morning to pick up some replacement parts so once we are all tidied up I will update.
  • Lovely looking frame...can't wait to see it built up.... :D
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063
    I'm very much looking forward to seeing this done too. Is that a Condor Italia in the background?
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Very nice
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    andytee87 wrote:
    Very nice! Can't wait to see the finished build. Not sure on the saddle, it's nice, but I'd like to see this with mainly white saddle and white tape- your call though, it'll be stunning either way

13221860825_6ac1282703_c.jpg

I can honestly say, that is the best looking frame I have ever seen. Absolutely stunning!
  • Grifteruk
    Well here it is as it stands at the moment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/50922670@ ... 496737403/

built up with dura ace 9000 groupset and wheels, easton ec90sl carbon stem, 3t ergonova bars, prologo nago evo carbon saddle and arundale bottlecages.

A few things left to sort out inc cutting down the fork and prob changing the bar tape for white, plus potentially rotating the bars a bit. Will work these out as I get used to the bike and get it dialled in to me.

took it out for another spin today and can feel it is an improvement on the previous cento in terms of its reactions and stiffness. overall pretty pleased.
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Lovely bike, never seen that colour before full stop, CRC have navy jawbones ;)
    Why don't you try and find out what bar tape Movistar are using this year, it's dark navy anyway :)
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Grifteruk
    Cheers ive picked up some lizard skin tape which is moviestars colour but not sure if its right - lots of trial and error i think can you believe the colour scheme all started with the saddle !

Yup its a Condor not sure what frame there are loads in the shop I picked the bike up from
  • IrishMac
    IrishMac Posts: 328
    Hey mate look what I found :D Thought you'd like it seeing as it's navy and Italian ;)

http://www.saddleback.co.uk/scicon-phantom-230cc-team-replica-seatpack-
    Member of Cuchulainn C.C. @badcyclist

Raleigh SP Race
    Trek 1.2
  • Gotta say.....lovely frame, awful bartape......oh, and where's the Campagnolo? :shock:
  • buzzwold
    buzzwold Posts: 197
    Gotta say.....lovely frame, awful bartape......oh, and where's the Campagnolo? :shock:

Second that. Sorry chap, only my personal, but the end result doesn't do the beauty of the frame justice. Replacing the satellite dish would be an improvement and suggest give up trying to match the tape. Go for straight black.

Again.All my own opinion. (probably just deeply envious)
    Someone's just passed me again