Right, the footie is over where tf are you all?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,316
edited March 2014 in The bottom bracket
Well?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Here, where the feck are you :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pinno
    I went. Then I came back. What tf are you up to?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    On the train headed home after having a shockingly expensive dinner that I didn't pay for :) Not particularly trolleyed though as its a school night...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the train headed home after having a shockingly expensive dinner that I didn't pay for :) Not particularly trolleyed though as its a school night...

Did you 'put out' in return?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did you 'put out' in return?
    My budget will do that on my behalf quite soon...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Davdandy
    Davdandy Posts: 571
    Footy,screw the footy.Over rated pile of crap.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Stevo_666
    Davdandy wrote:
    Footy,screw the footy.Over rated pile of crap.
    You're in the wrong thread then.
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    I'm not sure which is more irritating, the terribly dull massively overrated game itself, or people calling it 'footie'.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I gather that the blue team of overpaid mercenary prima donnas beat the 'foreign' team of overpaid mercenary prima donnas. The blue team seemed to be based in london somewhere and have a couple of English players in the team which makes it all good. The foreign team has someone who is foreign but used to be blue and heroic but now is foreign and different foreign and a bit less heroic and with a different haircut and goes around hugging people a lot.

Is that a reasonable summary of events?
  • Davdandy
    They also like to kiss each other and prance around like fairies.Intelligent too,i once heard a player count five add five and came up with nine,which was close enough. :mrgreen:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Stevo_666
    Davdandy wrote:
    They also like to kiss each other and prance around like fairies.Intelligent too,i once heard a player count five add five and came up with nine,which was close enough. :mrgreen:
    Tell us about your favourite sport then, I'm having trouble sleeping these days..
  • RDW
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm having trouble sleeping these days..
    Is it all the adrenaline you get from watching a sport with (typically) 2 or 3 goals spread over 90 minutes of mind-numbing tedium?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Yep. Used to love footie/football. Now I hardly ever watch it and have so little interest. Mainly due to not liking anyone involved in it.

And even more pointless, why do they bother interviewing players after the game? The world's thickest millionaires. You'd get more insight from an average 3 year old.
  • Stevo_666
    RDW wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I'm having trouble sleeping these days..
    Is it all the adrenaline you get from watching a sport with (typically) 2 or 3 goals spread over 90 minutes of mind-numbing tedium?
    I asked the question....
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Hey, look everyone, a football thread. Let's go onto it to tell everyone that we don't like football. I bet that nobody has ever thought to do that before.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Davdandy wrote:
    Tell us about your favourite sport then, I'm having trouble sleeping these days..

I mean this in the nicest possible way and don't take it wrong but you are a c*nt Stevo.

From a humble 'Boro boy to a Chelski season ticket holding Abramovic adoring Morenho shagger. Quite a rise to the top and I bet you only got there by sleeping your way up.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    West Lothian asking the question. Oh sod it, forgotten what the west lothian question is. Any suggestions?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Davdandy wrote:

I mean this in the nicest possible way and don't take it wrong but you are a c*nt Stevo.

From a humble 'Boro boy to a Chelski season ticket holding Abramovic adoring Morenho shagger. Quite a rise to the top and I bet you only got there by sleeping your way up.
    I haven't got a season ticket, just a 'member' :)

I bet I'll be even more of a c*** on Saturday afternoon after Arsenal get whupped at Stamford Bridge.
  • pinno
    For joelsim and davdandy:

FOOTBALLERS AREN'T INTELLIGENT OR WORTH £200,000 PER WEEK ?

"My parents have always been there for me, ever since I was about 7."
    David Beckham

"I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league."
    Mark Viduka

"Alex Ferguson is the best manager I've ever had at this level.
    Well, he's the only manager I've actually had at this level.
    But he's the best manager I've ever had."
    David Beckham

"If you don't believe you can win, there is no point in getting out of bed at the end of the day."
    Neville Southall

"I've had 14 bookings this season - 8 of which were my fault, but 7 of which were disputable."
    Paul Gascoigne

"I've never wanted to leave. I'm here for the rest of my life, and hopefully after that as well."
    Alan Shearer

"I'd like to play for an Italian club, like Barcelona."
    Mark Draper

"You've got to believe that you're going to win, and I believe we'll win the World Cup until the final whistle blows and we're knocked out."
    Peter Shilton

"I faxed a transfer request to the club at the beginning of the week, but let me state that I don't want to leave Leicester."
    Stan Collymore

"I was watching the Blackburn game on TV on Sunday when it flashed on the screen that George Ndah had scored in the first minute at Birmingham. My first reaction was to ring him up. Then I remembered he was out there playing."
    Ade Akinbiyi

"Without being too harsh on David Beckham, he cost us the match."
    Ian Wright

"I'm as happy as I can be - but I have been happier."
    Ugo Ehiogu

"Leeds is a great club and it's been my home for years, even though I live in Middlesbrough."
    Jonathan Woodgate

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel."
    Stuart Pearce

"I took a whack on my left ankle, but something told me it was my right."
    Lee Hendrie

"I couldn't settle in Italy - it was like living in a foreign country."
    Ian Rush

"Germany are a very difficult team to play...they had 11 internationals out there today."
    Steve Lomas

"I always used to put my right boot on first, and then obviously my right sock."
    Barry Venison

"I definitely want Brooklyn to be christened, but I don't know into what religion yet."
    David Beckham

"The Brazilians were South American, and the Ukrainians will be more European."
    Phil Neville

"All that remains is for a few dots and commas to be crossed."
    Mitchell Thomas

"One accusation you can't throw at me is that I've always done my best."
    Alan Shearer

"I'd rather play in front of a full house than an empty crowd."
    Johnny Giles

"Sometimes in football you have to score goals."
    Thierry Henry
  • Stevo_666
    They don't get paid for talking :)
  • Davdandy
    Sums up football for what it is.

Great post pinarello001. :lol:
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • Stevo_666
    Davdandy wrote:
    Sums up football for what it is.

Great post pinarello001. :lol:
    Wrong thread again despite being told at least twice. You footy haters make Wayne Rooney look like a Mastermind winner :wink:
  • Davdandy
    Might as well make it three times.

You keep watching prima donnas kicking a bag of wind and i`ll watch something else,like celebrity knitting.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • RDW
    Davdandy wrote:
    Might as well make it three times.

You keep watching prima donnas kicking a bag of wind and i`ll watch something else,like celebrity knitting.

Here you go:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... g-tv-sport

Would you watch competitive knitting as a TV sport?

A Norwegian TV station is airing five straight hours of knitting. The event – covering the process from sheep shearing, spinning and the big finale: the knitting – will document attempts to beat the world knitting record of four hours and 51 minutes. Would you watch it?

The winners will almost certainly be celebrities in Norway.
  • Stevo_666
    I think we'll find that the footy haters prefer sports that make watching paint drying feel interesting, which is why they're a bit shy in saying what they do like sports-wise.

Personally I'm having an absolutely cracking afternoon watching Chelsea play Arsenal :lol:
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I think we'll find that the footy haters prefer sports that make watching paint drying feel interesting, which is why they're a bit shy in saying what they do like sports-wise.

They're probably egg-chasers.

I don't like a lot of what surrounds the modern game (£300k/week, wtf?!?!) and I don't like the lack of competition these days, but football is still the second best sport in the world. And that's not an opinion, it's a fact that has been scientifically proven by scientists.
  • Stevo_666
    What's the best one in your humble opinion?
  • Davdandy
    You want me to name sports,well of course there's cycling,but how about the Olympics,both Summer and Winter knock seven bells of crapola out of football.

But if you like to watch kids prancing around a field with no concerns about the club and mostly the supporters and who`s only aim is to gain as much money as possible then you go for it.If you find that players earning £300.000 a week is fine then you pay it.You pay Sky then buy the shirts every year,fill their coffers,that's what the football execs want,you indulge them.

I for one will not pay one single penny towards this crap.I used to love it,i really did,but it took me 50 years to finally wake up.Its a pity everyone doesn't do the same and stop living in fairyland.
    Cannondale CAAD 8 105
    Rockrider 8.1
  • finchy
    Davdandy wrote:
    You want me to name sports,well of course there's cycling,but how about the Olympics,both Summer and Winter knock seven bells of crapola out of football.

But if you like to watch kids prancing around a field with no concerns about the club and mostly the supporters and who`s only aim is to gain as much money as possible then you go for it.If you find that players earning £300.000 a week is fine then you pay it.You pay Sky then buy the shirts every year,fill their coffers,that's what the football execs want,you indulge them.

I for one will not pay one single penny towards this crap.I used to love it,i really did,but it took me 50 years to finally wake up.Its a pity everyone doesn't do the same and stop living in fairyland.

The Olympics isn't a sport, it's an event which people watch every 4 years and then ignore most of the featured sports until... the next Olympics. What will the average attendance be at the next regional athletics meeting or local swimming gala? It's also just as much a corrupt, corporate whore fest as football's World Cup.

I don't have Sky TV, I only watch what's available on free-to-view, I only occasionally buy football shirts as souvenirs when I visit other cities and I haven't been to watch a professional football match since 2005 - I just go and watch the non-league stuff now. But that's the difference between the game of football and the business of football. I can enjoy the former without falling for the latter, just as I can enjoy cycling despite all of the time that I've wasted in the past watching races which then turn out to have been won by dopers.
  • finchy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    What's the best one in your humble opinion?

Cycling. Obviously.