Specialized venge elite

mikejohnston
mikejohnston Posts: 8
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
Hi there new to the forum!just picked this up from the store, had my bike fitting and the seat post can be flipped to bring the saddle forward as im 6'4 (does look odd though so may have to flip it back) thanks for looking! image_zpsdb4e70da.jpg
image_zps60650bb8.jpg
after i flipped the seatpost
image_zpsfd73ec52.jpg

im sure i will enjoy this!

Comments

• ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    very nice... out of interest what is the distance between the centre of the bottom bracket and the saddle top? and what is your inseam?
    Thanks.
  • ovi wrote:
    very nice... out of interest what is the distance between the centre of the bottom bracket and the saddle top? and what is your inseam?
    Thanks.

bottom bracket-saddle top 81cm and my inseam is 76cm
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,170
    and my inseam is 76cm

???? :shock: that's bizarre...
    left the forum March 2023
  • and my inseam is 76cm

???? :shock: that's bizarre...

sorry meant 86cm
  • Colinthecop
    Colinthecop Posts: 996
    That's a gorgeous looking bike.
  • That's a gorgeous looking bike.

thank you
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Im the same height as you and have always avoided Specialized because I think that, when it comes to guys like us, the huge headtube accentuated by the curved top tube looks weird. The more I look at yours, though, the more I'm starting to think it's not an issue. Cool bike :)
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    nweststeyn wrote:
    Im the same height as you and have always avoided Specialized because I think that, when it comes to guys like us, the huge headtube accentuated by the curved top tube looks weird. The more I look at yours, though, the more I'm starting to think it's not an issue. Cool bike :)

Nahh still looks weird.
  • I'm surprised they didn't put you on a 58 looking at that fit. It's a nice bike, I actually really like 61 Venges but I can't say that looks right.
  • I'm surprised they didn't put you on a 58 looking at that fit. It's a nice bike, I actually really like 61 Venges but I can't say that looks right.

I have to admit it was bothering me so i did flip it around again and made a few adjustments, put 20 miles on it this morning and didn't seem to make a difference maybe over longer rides but we'll have to see, so the finishing product now :)

image_zpsfd73ec52.jpg

I have to admit it was bothering me so i did flip it around again and made a few adjustments, put 20 miles on it this morning and didn't seem to make a difference maybe over longer rides but we'll have to see, so the finishing product now :)

image_zpsfd73ec52.jpg
    Ahh that's such a good looking bike, it's actually making me want one. Most people dislike Venges and say they get uglier as they get bigger but I completely disagree. 61s are the best. Fancy taking some more pics? :roll:

Looks much more natural with the post flipped by the way, I was struggling to see how your knees could be in an efficient place the other way.
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    I must have really long legs - I'm 6'1" and my inseam is 91cm (36"). Great looking bike but as always big sizes don't look right with Specialized :(

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    ovi wrote:
    Thanks.

bottom bracket-saddle top 81cm and my inseam is 86cm

Cheers fella,
    mine is: bottom bracket-saddle top 83cm and my inseam is 95cm. Seems like my legs aren't as stretched out as much as yours.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    oh my...
  • Really like that.

I'd love to see a Venge and Roubaix join my Tarmac.
    Allez 16 - bad weather / turbo trainer
    Tarmac Expert SL3 - test colours
    Dogma 2 - ex Team Sky
  • Miles253
    Miles253 Posts: 535
    I'm 6"4 too, I don't think the big frame looks that bad now I see it, do you find it comfortable?
    Canyon Roadlite AL-Shamal Wheels-Centaur/Veloce Group
    Canyon Ult CF SL- Spin Koppenberg-Ultegra group
  • Miles253 wrote:
    I'm 6"4 too, I don't think the big frame looks that bad now I see it, do you find it comfortable?

Yeah i do,very smooth with the cosmics on
  • maxlite
    maxlite Posts: 293
    Lovely bike, although I prefer the look of Cav's 49cm frame :D
    Cervelo R5
    Cinelli Saetta
    Giant XTC
    Raleigh Classic
  • maxlite wrote:
    Lovely bike, although I prefer the look of Cav's 49cm frame :D

agreed