Man flu friday thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,858
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Man flu = you may never see me again..... Tried again to kill it with cider, it didn't work

Today is work meh followed by another attempt to kill it in the pub

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Whisky is what you need for man flu! You should know that, Matt! I'm ashamed at you!

Morning Losers!

TFI Friday! I'm looking forward to 4pm, as then I'm on holiday for a week woooo! It will be a week of motorbike riding, so I'm quite excited, though not so much to the 6am start tomorrow :(

Today, I have more quotes to find and more justifications to write. Capital bids are annoying.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    matthew h wrote:
    Man flu = you may never see me again..... Tried again to kill it with cider, it didn't work

Hope you pull through mate.

Morning bumders

Minor work shizz this AM, sort my travel for next week which needs to revolve around a golf competition on wednesday! and then hit the M4 where i shall do my usual cheer as i pass the 'Welcome to England' sign. Only two weeks until i relocate there permanently, woop!

Birthday party saturday, rents wedding anniversary scoff on sunday, busy times.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

woke up on the sofa this morning at 3.30 with the sky plus still on pause cos I was waiting for the gf to come back downstairs to carry on watching, turns out she just went to bed instead!!

so I'm going to console myself with a fat bacon roll to make myself feel better :D

laters

oh yeah - TFIF!!!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    just booked an uplift for antur stiniog next month, this day keeps getting better :)
  • mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    Good Moaning

Today is mainly adding bling to new bike.

Merlin delivered yesterday but gadzooks they had put an XC30 fork on my 29er rather than the XC32 which I thought i would get away with for a while before upgrading.

Spoke to Merlin and their customer service was top notch, within 20mins of letting them know they were on the phone with 4 options. I took a cash back and discount option which means im upgrading to rebas for £100 notes :mrgreen:

now while i wait for that to be delivered im going to open my big Superstar bag :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning shirkers and lurkers,
    Very glad it's Fryday. Off to the cafe for fry up later, in relative calm. Recently a colleagues wife has been joining us, it's been awful. Hind legs fall off donkeys upon sight of her, the bint never shuts up. Anyway, thankfully her employers are also sick of the sound of her voice so she's not in the area any more. Phew.
    This weekend will consist of lots of stripping, unfortunately of paint off motorcycle parts.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    matthew h wrote:

Leave us something nice yeah?

Morning bitches,

What a glorious day for a 12 hour shift. Today I am playing at being a Chef. Apparently in a recent poll, Chef was voted the job women find sexiest. If I make it through the day without getting an old dear moist then I'll see that as failure.

Laters
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    matthew h wrote:

Man up you tart.

Today is the fall out from covering my minions monitors, phone, apple, etc in googly eyes followed by very little in the way of work as it's Friday. I don't do anything useful any other day so why should Friday be any different.

Onwards to nap time.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    If you die can I have your bikes :wink: and MTFU by the way :P
    matthew h wrote:

Morning homos.

Six and a bit hours of work meh to get through and then it's the weekend which will start with some nice Thai - must then think about having some food :wink:

Anyway onwards to tea and preparing for this afternoons meeting :roll:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    From the staff meeting doodle blog
    i-love-meetings-as-much-as-ice-cream.jpg
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • tlw1
    oodboo wrote:
    matthew h wrote:

Man up you tart.

international man code says man flu is worse than child birth, ie, ask a man if he would like man flu again and he will say no, but women often have another child QED - it is worse
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    oodboo wrote:
    From the staff meeting doodle blog
    i-love-meetings-as-much-as-ice-cream.jpg

I'm guessing the ice cream is a metaphor?

Afternoon Mongs!

Have just finished the meeting that led to my annual leave being cancelled, and what a f**k up. It consisted of my MD saying in not so many words that sorry we haven't anything it's all his fault. 2 weeks after I picked up another persons f**k up.

2 interviews lined up and counting.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Evening Cockwombles,

Was a bit tired today on account of finding the rear windscreen of our car with a big firkin hole in it last night and having to wait up while the AA bloke cleared it all up and stuck plastic over the hole. No idea how it happened - no sign of anyone trying to get in, no big stones lying around - and it happened when we were in. Wierd :?

New rear screen will be had on the insurance but not till Tuesday :( Didn't seem to affect my pedalling though. About to treat myself to some grog shortly before I decide so catch up on some much needed kip.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Was a bit tired today on account of finding the rear windscreen of our car with a big firkin hole in it last night and having to wait up while the AA bloke cleared it all up and stuck plastic over the hole. No idea how it happened - no sign of anyone trying to get in, no big stones lying around - and it happened when we were in. Wierd :?

Someone's husband cross with you?
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    I prefer the unmarried ones for a reason :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Unmarried men?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Unmarried men?
    Trust the fixie rider to think of that :wink:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Unmarried men?

:)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Unmarried men?

:)