Thursday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day as well. It's all good busy though, sorting out plans, buying £11k worth of toys etc. so I don't mind.

Today the boss is away for a week, so I have to carry on doing what I've been doing, except I've now been given some of her work too. I've already got minions to start investigating things for me :twisted:

Later, get my stuff ready for weekend I think, maybe a bike ride if the wind dies down!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    meh

man-flu is on its way :( went out last night to try and drink through it - and then didn't bother setting my alarm in the hope it would cure me, but been awake since 4.30

Today is working from home, trying to make sense of yesterdays meeting. Later is study - all in all, a boring day
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    For some reason I feel a little bit grey around the gills this morning. Thought I'd get blown off on the way in, no such luck. The first part of today will be spent trying to fix other people's kock ups, again.
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Morning ladies,

Well yesterday i signed my life away and im working on a thte current place part time in London till september so i will be having a new bike in May too cheer me up.

It's defiantely looking to be the 2014 dune XR and the shop will kindly swap over the fork and give me a discount, the only bit i will want to change then is brakes to a set of X0 trail brakes then its basicaly perfect set up to what i would have built. then looking at a hardtail for cocking around on in september :) going to be a great year for bike buying.

laters
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890

It's defiantely looking to be the 2014 dune XR

I was looking at that its a sexy bike
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Morning Mongs!

Meh, on top of everything else I've had to cancel tomorrows leave due to a client changing a meeting date and the MD ordering me to attend. This really is getting f**king stupid.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Meh,

wine induced fuzz this morning. Not good :(
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Thewaylander

Makes me wet aslong as i can dump the fox fork from it :) my 2010 Dune R is the best bike i have ever owned in the way it rides after trying many peoples bikes, test riding Santacruz and so on in the past I know its exactly what i like. So makes sense to stick with what I love to ride but now I will have a budget to just go all out on the very best and latest so why the hell not! :P
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    CV is being typed up and is being sent out this afternoon to anyone I can find :lol:

it'll mean giving up my cushy hours and possibly my company car, but feck it...I've had a guts full.

out for a ride later so that'll cheer me up.

laters
  • pesky_jones
    welshkev wrote:
    CV is being typed up and is being sent out this afternoon to anyone I can find :lol:

Sent out to Teneriffe? :wink: It made me smile when I saw you were talking about the good DH riding seen in tenerife - and how it was an incentive to move. As if where you are doesnt have enough good DH riding :D
  • pesky_jones

Makes me wet aslong as i can dump the fox fork from it :) my 2010 Dune R is the best bike i have ever owned in the way it rides after trying many peoples bikes, test riding Santacruz and so on in the past I know its exactly what i like. So makes sense to stick with what I love to ride but now I will have a budget to just go all out on the very best and latest so why the hell not! :P

Ha what you after a pike? I need to get a test ride on one somehow
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    welshkev wrote:

Sent out to Teneriffe? :wink: It made me smile when I saw you were talking about the good DH riding seen in tenerife - and how it was an incentive to move. As if where you are doesnt have enough good DH riding :D

yes, some of them will be 8)

yeah it's crap where I live for mountain biking :wink:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning Noork Supports

Started and finished work early, too little time to actually shirk.
    Can't even go for a bike ride 'cos it's pi$$ing down and blowing a howling gale.
    Glasgow tomorrow, should be fun.

Bye
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Can't even go for a bike ride 'cos it's pi$$ing down and blowing a howling gale.

Yes you can you complete and utter pussy!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pesky_jones

Yes you can you complete and utter pussy!

No, No; he's a roadie HD, completely normal.
  • Thewaylander

Ha what you after a pike? I need to get a test ride on one somehow

Yup, my experience personally of fox forks has been a bit poor, awful small bump sensativity and terrible wear ont he uppers in between services. the Pike is lighter and much better reveiwed also its easier to service on the whole so thats all round win IMO
  • MissCMC
    MissCMC Posts: 545
    Work fun today. I have spent the week being in charge of the various storms going down in our office.

Had to walk past a murder crime scene this morning - always fun. Love Grangetown.

And met the other new housemate - a female French dancer. God I hate her already.

Doing a 5K run this weekend for Sports Relief on Sunday.
    Sarcasm: Because punching someone in the face is illegal.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    MissCMC wrote:
    Work fun today. I have spent the week being in charge of the various storms going down in our office.

Had to walk past a murder crime scene this morning - always fun. Love Grangetown.

And met the other new housemate - a female French dancer. God I hate her already.

You like her really :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    MissCMC wrote:

You like her really :wink:

I'm unsure until I see some pictures
  • homers_double
    gifs_01.gif
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Thewaylander
    HAHA
  • tlw1
    gifs_01.gif

Love it :)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Evening Tw@ts,

Bastard if a day but pedalling tomorrow to look forward to. Have narrowed down my search for a new bike to a few options, just need someone to review the things before I drop some cash. Mr h will be happy to know I'm down the pub abusing my liver :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    evening, it's latE i know but my grown up at work decided that half two was beer o clock! all went well till i told him i have his eldest (uni age) daughter as a friend on fark book! bit touchy really!

will find out tomoz how he really feels, but i'll be smashing it up on the M4, cheers easy.

Night bumders.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Tw@ts,

Bastard if a day but pedalling tomorrow to look forward to. Have narrowed down my search for a new bike to a few options, just need someone to review the things before I drop some cash. Mr h will be happy to know I'm down the pub abusing my liver :)

Proud