Is there a better BMXer?

pesky_jones
pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    There was but he tried to jump in to a pool and missed.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • pesky_jones
    Who's that? Shame.
  • Alex Coleburn (also rides for TotalBMX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av7AUkHIHW8)
    Drew Bezanson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAx8bIi7kDQ)

Just a couple I have seen recently...
  • pesky_jones
    ^^ Fair enough. I'm obviously not up to date on the bmxing world
  • pesky_jones
    P.S those riders are also the nuts
  • Daniel Sandoval is no slouch on a kids bike either!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Who's that? Shame.
    Dane Searls, he died celebrating this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aSpdpOdPeg
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Why did you link to the last 15 seconds of the video?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • pesky_jones
    Why did you link to the last 15 seconds of the video?

Well I guess that I must have copied the link out of the URL bar at 15 seconds to go.
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Watching people like this on youtube doing BMXing, Downhill racing, tricks etc to the highest level makes you realise just how incredibly shit you are at riding a bike.
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412
    Watching people like this on youtube doing BMXing, Downhill racing, tricks etc to the highest level makes you realise just how incredibly shoot you are at riding a bike.

I don't need videos to tell me that - I can't even do a wheelie :D Impressive vids though - ridiculous skills, but I have no idea how they fit balls that big into those silly skinny jeans... :lol:
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Watching people like this on youtube doing BMXing, Downhill racing, tricks etc to the highest level makes you realise just how incredibly shoot you are at riding a bike.

I don't need videos to tell me that - I can't even do a wheelie :D Impressive vids though - ridiculous skills, but I have no idea how they fit balls that big into those silly skinny jeans... :lol:

Ha! Even i can wheelie :wink:

Get your self a GT Chucker and you will be wheelieing everywhere in no time.
  • Kowalski675

Ha! Even i can wheelie :wink:

Get your self a GT Chucker and you will be wheelieing everywhere in no time.

Nah, I can't wheelie for toffee, never could as a kid on my BMX either. Can't get the balance point, and tend to tip over to the left. Can do crap ones on bikes with engines, but I'm pants at those too. CAn loft 'em no problem, but rarely find the balance, so they never last long, but it's a great feeling when you do get one balanced, float it along and touch it down smoothly with no hint of a bump. I'd love to be able to wheelie properly. It may not be big or clever, but it is fun :D Had my old mate's flat barred R1 showing 124 on the back wheel, but using that evil thing was cheating, lol.
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Look up some old Steve Geall BMX videos. He was proper good and way ahead of anyone else at the time. He used to ride at my local jump spot when I was a young'un. We tried his tricks, kept the A&E nurses busy!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Yay, Kris Kyle on that collection of vids - from my hometown.

You look at him and wonder because there was so much opposition to the skate/BMX ramps they built at Stair Park some time ago. It was closed for a while too, f*cking council/neighbours/do gooders. He is the result. He was always there at silly times of day and night, even under really poor lighting doing his stuff, now 'shredding the streets' from California to Buenos Aires.

What a life. reminds me of the 'Bones brigade', remember them?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Kowalski675
    Eddy Fiola and Bob Haro are the kind of names I remember from my youth on BMXs.