RTS TTR3

Cold Knees
Cold Knees Posts: 82
edited March 2014 in Your road bikes
With a lot of dealing in the classified pages I have managed to build this for the summer.

The sale of a 2011 Cannondale Synapse and a few quid thrown in on-top has funded the build, (so far)

Frame - RTS TT3

New and bought from the classified section on Bikeradar. I had a load of trouble sourcing a rear mech hanger but after a while RTS in Taiwan sent a couple over to fit the frame.

Groupset - 105 (ish)

The cranks and breaks are not marked as 105 and may be in-between Tiagra and 105? The whole group came as a package including new cables and outers.

Wheels - Chinese carbons 50mm

Bought off a Mackem, (gentleman from Sunderland). Not sure on the stickers they came with and think I should peal them off? The Novatech hubs are great and spin all day.

Bars & Tape - Giant Connect

From a local Giant Dealer

Giant Stem & basic Pedals
A kind, (if reluctant), donation from a friend

Saddle - Prologo
Stolen from my Scott

It currently weighs 8.1kg but I will try to get that down over the next few months with lighter pedals and cranks.

Comments

• Markjaspi
    Markjaspi Posts: 729
    Looks awesome, I was second inline for this frame, doh!! Good job mate
    Cipollini Bond
    Pinarello GAN
  • Cheers Mark,

If you can get hold of one I would definitely recommend the frame. Took some time to trace the mech hanger, which wasn't easy, but well worth it now. I thought it would just be a trip to the local bike shop !
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    A nice surprise to see another RTS on here.

Lose the stickers on the wheels and that'll be a beaut.

Rob