GP Saturday morning thread

tlw1
tlw1 Posts: 21,862
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mornin

Up to watch the qualifying (though too late to register for Cruds F1) - kids are up too, and all they keep asking is where is botass

Today is a g@y road ride with a mate, then various family & study things, then out for a mates birthday -which will be painful for the liver & wallet :)

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    morning tw@s of the crud,

went out and had some lovely steak last night, got home............nothing! She just doesn't understand my needs! need to start working on a ditch.

dunno what the day holds, menial household shizzle may feature, definately televised sport, probably booze.

thats about all i got.

pip pip.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning homos.

Children off at swimming so I'm just about to head out and fix fences :roll:

That will be the extent of my day :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    Good morning. I missed Quali. I had to watch it on RTL if i wanted to see it anyway. Just looked up the results. Kimi is down in 12th. Im dissapointed. I have an ever growing feeling that Mercedes are going to do a Redbull this season.

Got bored yesterday so i repaired an old 80s road bike... going to give it a proper go today. And i will be playing football today hopefully.

Early night for an early morning tomorrow. GP at 1am, then the weekly MTB ride.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    @bg, you should have negotiated in advance - you supply the steak, she supplies the bj. Fair split I reckon :)

Morning Twunts,

The trouble n strife is annoying me so I am out and about doing my jobs and avoiding hers. Coffee will also be involved shortly. May need to do a bit of work later so this years bonus had better be good or there'll be trouble at 'mill...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Last night I fell asleep in front of the tv at about 11, woke up an hour later or so. Think I was tired. I've had a good sleep since then though :D
    Today, I'm off to measure an organ this afternoon..... not a lot to add to that. I'm playing an organ this weekend, and got told last night of about 3 more things I need to play, and I don't know if I can, so this could be interesting!

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459

Today, I'm off to measure an organ this afternoon..... not a lot to add to that. I'm playing an organ this weekend
    Fnarr fnarr. We always had our doubts.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Forks are away on warranty issue - hopefully. Will be pissed if it's not covered cos it's gna mean three or four weeks no riding.

Still in bed atm, got tea though so it's all good. Got a mates* birthday in London later which involves a place called meat locker :roll: and then pubs/clubs. Last year when it was time to leave, we had to catch the last bus home so everyone was running for it. Birtbday boy was at the back and ended up running into a chain link fence, flipping over it and knocked himself out. We were all on the bus waiting haha. It's for this reason I think Il go again.

* I say mate, but.... Put it this way, everyone thought it was funny he fucked himself up on his bday.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning 'tards,
    Slow start to the day, lots of fixing stuff to be done. England Italy to watch first, it's a win for me either way being half and half.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Today, I'm off to measure an organ this afternoon..... not a lot to add to that. I'm playing an organ this weekend

Trust me, there was no doubt there!

Afternoon minions,

Today is lots of work. Lazy barstard minion is off today so I am much more pleasant to be around (less angry.)

Might fit a cheeky pint in when I finish at midnight....

Laters
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    ste_t wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I never said it wasn't my organ being measured. For the record, it's 143cm. Lock up your daughters.

The organ I've been playing is a different one though...
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    ste_t wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I never said it wasn't my organ being measured. For the record, it's 143cm. Lock up your daughters.

The organ I've been playing is a different one though...

GT's dads?

I guess someone has to keep him occupied whilst we're smashing his wife.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Knackered. Hockey and vet meh today. No time for bikes which sucks. Just about to head back into the hospital for a couple of hours on top of that I'm on call tonight then start working again at 7am tomorrow, fingers crossed it's a quiet night...
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Evenin' job knockies,

Today was largely spent doing all the stuff around the Dread Fort that 12 hr days stopped me doing during the week. THis did feature 3+ hrs in the garden (which was good) and an hour in the garage turning the aggro hardtail into a commuter.

...because what my citadel needs is me riding through it, at all hours, like a hooligan*

F**king ay, this'll be a chuckle! :lol:

Onwards!

*Other barbarian tribes are available: always read the label, then die by my steel, b*st*rd!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.