Fantasy F1 2014

bennett_346
bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
edited May 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Anyone doing/interested in a fantasy F1 league for the Crud this year?

Edit: I have set one up on Badger GP http://badgergp.com/. Scroll down for the details. You still have until qualifying starts tomorrow to set your teams up etc.

If you have not signed up yet you still can after the first race on Sunday, you'll just miss out on a possible 5% of the total points.

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Sounds good to me!
  • bennett_346
    Ok guys, was easier than I thought to set up, details are:
    CrudCatcher - Passcode: 386271

Remember to pick your drivers and teams and choose your predictions for each upcoming race. To join the CC league just go to "Friends Leagues" when signed in then click join league and scroll down to CrudCatcher and put the passcode in.

My acc. is under my real name :P
  • lawman
    Joined!
  • bennett_346
    Nobody else?
  • Sweet. Will get in on this now.
  • bennett_346
    Done!
    Ossum. For fun, how many safety cars have you got in your predictions?

I've gone for just the one, though i'm wondering if i should maybe bump it up to three!
  • Gone for 2, don't remember Australia being a big one for safety cars!

Shame we can't see what each other have picked, I like to compare lol

The points system is pretty good, seems you get points for the places your driver gains, so picking a crap driver that finished 10th because of crashes/retirements etc gets a shed load of points!
  • bennett_346
    I was thinking new cars - reliability issues plus Australia has had a safety car in over 50% of the races in the past, believe it or not! Not so sure.

There might be a way to see others' drivers and teams but I can't find it. I've gone for Hamilton, Alonso and Ericsson for drivers and Mercedes GP, Williams and Sauber for teams.
  • alonso, perez & sutil

Lotus, Force India, Sauber
  • lawman
    You'll be getting no points from Lotus or Caterham this weekend I think!! Gone for Hamilton, Hulkenberg and Bottas, stuck with their teams as well so Mercedes, Force India and Williams. I do however think Alonso could make the podium behind the two mercs. Hamilton to win and 2 safety cars. No points given but I reckon just 9 cars will finish
  • bennett_346
    lawman wrote:
    You'll be getting no points from Lotus or Caterham this weekend I think!! Gone for Hamilton, Hulkenberg and Bottas, stuck with their teams as well so Mercedes, Force India and Williams. I do however think Alonso could make the podium behind the two mercs. Hamilton to win and 2 safety cars. No points given but I reckon just 9 cars will finish
    I reckon Alonso has a good chance of podium, for sure. I think Raikonnen will be in at least top 5 unless something out of his control happens.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    hollex - qualifying had started by the time I started to try and join
  • gt-arrowhead
    gt-arrowhead Posts: 2,507
    matthew h wrote:
    hollex - qualifying had started by the time I started to try and join

Same! Balls...
  • bennett_346
    You can still join after this race you'll just lose out on 5% of the points.
  • bennett_346
    Results are up guys!
  • gt-arrowhead
    Signed up and joined the league. Im Team TK.

My team should be pretty decent...
  • bennett_346
    Currently sat in second after that race. 39/49 on my other league. Dissapointed!

Banked all my hopes on Lewis and Williams and suffered for it.

Great race though.
  • gt-arrowhead
    You were extremely unlucky in that case.

I want to have Lewis in my team, but that would mean i would be 1 mil over the limit. :roll: So i chose someone else instead.

Its a bit weird how im routing for Ferrari (particularly Kimi), and i picked neither.

Best race ive seen a while. Really happy for Magnussen, fantastic debut. Im a big fan of his dad aswell, fantastic driver.
  • Really? I couldnt even watch the replay it was that boring.
  • Twelly
    Twelly Posts: 1,437
    Im in, team yerboysiesyer. Totally didnt notice the predictions page untill halfway through the race so missed out on a load of points there!
  • bennett_346
    I did abysmally so there's plenty of time to catch up lol.
  • lawman
    Despite a relatively poor result from my team, I'm in the lead!! :D Gutted for Lewis and Bottas, cost me a shed load of points, but great drives from Magnusson and Ricciardo, shame he was disqualified. Best part of the whole race? The sound of the crowd continuously booing Vettel... Priceless! :lol:
  • bennett_346
    lawman wrote:
    Despite a relatively poor result from my team, I'm in the lead!! :D Gutted for Lewis and Bottas, cost me a shed load of points, but great drives from Magnusson and Ricciardo, shame he was disqualified. Best part of the whole race? The sound of the crowd continuously booing Vettel... Priceless! :lol:
    You're in the lead but not for long. I've made some very significant changes to reflect the race results. We will see in two weeks time :mrgreen:
  • gt-arrowhead
    My team is bullet proof, expect some strong competition from Team TK. ;)
  • lawman
    lawman wrote:
    You're in the lead but not for long. I've made some very significant changes to reflect the race results. We will see in two weeks time :mrgreen:

Don't see any reason to change mine tbh :lol: Sounds cocky but had Lewis not had his engine problems and Bottas not tw@ed the wall I'd have had a huge pile of points, here's hoping they both made the finish in Malaysia! I can see Red Bull struggling in the heat there for sure.
  • gt-arrowhead
    I got all my predictions correct apart from two. Raikkonen came 12th, not 3rd, and no safety car.
  • bennett_346
    Yeah i got 4/6 of my predictions correct. Moved from 2500 in worldwide ranking to about 1000/3200 people.
  • gt-arrowhead
    Nice. I got up to 2nd from last in our league. I want to join another league to see how i get on but i dont think its possible without getting a password.

I bet you got the same ones right as i did.

Lewis to win
    Lewis to get Pole
    Lewis to get fastest lap
    Rosberg second.

Ricciardo did just not have a great day today at all. Podium denied AGAIN by a factor completely out of his control. AGAIN. Then a front wing failure. Then as if that was not enough, a 10 place grid penalty for Bahrain. Poor fella. Seems like he has picked up where Webber left off with the bad luck.

Im so glad that Massa did not move over for Bottas. The whole reason why he left Ferrari was to stop being a number 2 driver.

1148947_545835065530403_2058777659_n_zps966f98d5.jpg