How Do You Handle The Switch To DST???

Akirasho
Akirasho Posts: 1,892
edited March 2014 in The cake stop
... losing an hour of sleep in the spring takes a bit of time to get used to... am I right? eh? :roll:

Comments

• markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Not really, barely notice it. Anyway it's called BST here.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    BST please my good man :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Akirasho
    Anyway it's called BST here.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo...............!
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    Akirasho wrote:

YES :evil:
  • arran77
    Akirasho wrote:

It's alright, he'll probably be asking us next which our favourite season is, winter, spring,summer or fall :evil:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • markhewitt1978
    arran77 wrote:
    winter, spring,summer or fall

all you gotta do is call ;)
  • Akirasho
    arran77 wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

It's alright, he'll probably be asking us next which our favourite season is, winter, spring,summer or fall :evil:

That would be silly, but since I'm here, I will ask which is your FAVORITE season??? :mrgreen:
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    probably Walking Dead 3
  • arran77
    Akirasho wrote:
    arran77 wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

That would be silly, but since I'm here, I will ask which is your FAVORITE season??? :mrgreen:

AUTUMN is my FAVOURITE season :lol:

seanoconn
  • markhewitt1978
    Anyway it's another 2 and a half weeks until we go to BST.
  • Akirasho

... if you changed that B to a D and moved 2200 miles west, give or take a few, you'd already be into it...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,949
    Akirasho wrote:

... if you changed that B to a D and moved 2200 miles west, give or take a few, you'd already be into it...

and I've never understood why we aren't (already in BST that is).

The light conditions which were present when the clocks went back in autumn, happened a couple of weeks ago I think but for some reason we have to wait another month.

The older I get, the better I was.

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Akirasho wrote:
    ... losing an hour of sleep in the spring takes a bit of time to get used to... am I right? eh? :roll:
    You assume sir that we all trundle off to our beds of an evening at exactly the same time and rise sharpish with the crow of the morning cockerel. That doesn't square well with staying up till gone 3 polishing off a nice bottle of red before trooping off to U11s football [soccer I believe you call it] at 8:30, barely 5 hours later.

Sleep is a very elastic concept.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    sleep....wake up

done.
  • No, you cannot die from insomnia
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    No, you cannot die from insomnia

But you'll wish you could.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • Sirius631
    CiB wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:
    You assume sir that we all trundle off to our beds of an evening at exactly the same time and rise sharpish with the crow of the morning cockerel. That doesn't square well with staying up till gone 3 polishing off a nice bottle of red before trooping off to U11s football [soccer I believe you call it] at 8:30, barely 5 hours later.

Sleep may very well be a very elastic concept, but the rate at which the liver processes alcohol isn't. I hope your U11's football match is within walking distance, or you are highly likely to be driving with a blood alcohol concentration above the D.D. limit. How many people do you share that bottle with?
  • arran77
    Sirius631 wrote:
    CiB wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

Sleep may very well be a very elastic concept, but the rate at which the liver processes alcohol isn't. I hope your U11's football match is within walking distance, or you are highly likely to be driving with a blood alcohol concentration above the D.D. limit. How many people do you share that bottle with?

aug08_031.gif

seanoconn
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Strewffff. :roll:

I don't drink a bottle at 3am. I might start at about 8, it might last till 3, maybe not. At an hour per unit I'm barely past slightly tipsy the whole night. And we go on bikes anyway - what sort of people do you think I'm growing? Motorists?

Gordon Bennett...
  • Sirius631
    CiB wrote:
    Strewffff. :roll:

I don't drink a bottle at 3am. I might start at about 8, it might last till 3, maybe not. At an hour per unit I'm barely past slightly tipsy the whole night. And we go on bikes anyway - what sort of people do you think I'm growing? Motorists?

Gordon Bennett...

That's alright then. Good for the anti-oxidants.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    No, you cannot die from insomnia

err, unfortunately you can,
    "fatal familial insomnia, or F.F.I., which has caused undue concern for many who suffer from poor sleep. The condition has been identified in some 40 families across the world, affecting only about 100 people. It leads to panic, anxiety, hallucinations, rapid weight loss, complete sleep loss, dementia and eventually death".
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • VmanF3
    VmanF3 Posts: 240
    Working on ships, I have the rather dubious pleasure of travelling through a time zone a day on occasions. I would be happy to have two a year! Quit your moaning! Hour forwards every day, then wallop - we'll do that day again for good measure at the dateline, then start the hour forwards again. By the time we've done the Pacific & the Atlantic you don't know whether your coming or going.
    Big Red, Blue, Pete, Bill & Doug
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,422
    arran77 wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

'Fall' is an Americanism turd face.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77
    arran77 wrote:
    Akirasho wrote:

'Fall' is an Americanism turd face.

So is knobber, oh hang on, no it's not :P

seanoconn