Wednesday Morning Thread...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

Well last nights ride didn't happen, because there had been a huge accident on the motorway, closing the eastbound carriageway ) looked like a car - think it was a Peugot - had rolled over a lot and I'm guessing there was a death due to the photos being taken and slowness of the police. Took me ages to get home. Secondly, I forgot there was a football match on. We drew 2-2 and it was a good game towards the end.

Tonight, bike ride!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Mornin

Last nights music was short cut by the youngest saying 'game over' four songs in to the main act - but was actually a great night regardless

Today continues the hamster wheel of budgets and that's about it
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Halfway there. Today is brought to you by the letters C, B and A.
    The excitement for today will be lunch with the EPO and pub tonight. Funny how when I go to meet the Mrs for lunch I can get there in half the time it takes me to get back. Combination of wind direction, full belly and motivation methinks.
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning fools,

Today is work, interviews, meeting, then hopefully beers.

In preparation for said beers,I am getting the bus to work. There is a man at my bus stop drinking a can of Stella.

Laters!
  • thekickingmule
    ste_t wrote:
    In preparation for said beers,I am getting the bus to work. There is a man at my bus stop drinking a can of Stella.
    Have you never met matthew H?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:

hold on a minute there - I don't use the bus (mainly because they are shoot where I live)
  • ste_t
    ste_t wrote:

He isn't real. Its like the legend of Zorro or something like that. But with a gimpier mask.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    morning mongs

my head hurts as I haven't slept properly for nearly 2 weeks. Plus half of the filling has fallen out of one of my wisdom teeth so I'm expecting a nice visit to the dentist in the near future.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • thekickingmule
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:

hold on a minute there - I don't use the bus (mainly because they are shoot where I live)
    He never said you were catching the bus, just stood by the bus stop ;)
    ste_t wrote:
    He isn't real. Its like the legend of Zorro or something like that. But with a gimpier mask.
    Oh he's real. I saw him the other night, scrounging booze out of a can in a bin. When he noticed me, he scurried away into some bushes, where I just saw his eyes. It was spooky, but kind of kinky
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    I'm still on holiday. So today is going to be mostly sitting in the sun with the odd bit of swimming in the pool.

Tomorrow I'm going to hire a bike and go for a ride. €9 a day for a gt avalanche isn't too bad.

Laters :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    I rode the road bike to work today, first time on it in 8 months and felt sick when I got here.

I'm not sure if it's the genuine lack of fitness that did it or the thought of 25mm wide tyres.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:

ste_t wrote:
    Oh he's real. I saw him the other night, scrounging booze out of a can in a bin. When he noticed me, he scurried away into some bushes, where I just saw his eyes. It was spooky, but kind of kinky

that was surf-mat
  • ste_t
    matthew h wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    ste_t wrote:

ste_t wrote:

that was surf-mat

How do you know, if you weren't there?

Surely the awesome noise of the super torquey bmw 330d would make hiding in a bush meaningless?

Unless its hiding in GT's mum's bush. That means its love.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    welshkev wrote:
    Tomorrow I'm going to hire a bike and go for a ride. €9 a day for a gt's mum isn't too bad.
    FTFY.

Afternoon Pond Life,

Pedalled into work today when legs not properly recvered from holiday and was very slow, but it's better than no pedalling at all. Need to shift a bit of lard after eating and drinking for England on holiday so beter start now. Also managed to bust the padlock on a compartment of my case so my sweaty skiing kit will be evolving into new life forms until I can find a bolt cutter from somewhere :) It's staying in the garage for now for safety reasons.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Work. Legislation. Responsibility.

Beer if i can make it to 6:30pm.