Back to Work Mehnday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
Mehning Losers!

After my week off, I really don't want to go back to that hell hole that pays my bills (just). After having been contacted by work twice last week, I'm once again raising the "I need a payrise" conversation.

I feel a little ill today, but it could just be that I cba with work and would rather be ill!

After 'work' I'll be collecting some parcels from a local shop (that's a clever idea UPS have, Royal Mail should consider it too!) and then try a bike ride and planning a couple of off-roaders.

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Work meh over here too

Looking at the emails raft have arrived over the w.end it isn't going to be fun today.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bumders

First proper day in uni hospital. Should be fun, slightly bricking it, start at 8 and at 9 get my first consults and my own cases... also not looking forward to the long days.

TTFN
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    Morning all,

I'm on holiday and I'm just about to go for a run in the beach.

Laters ;)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Morning futt buckers.

CBA here as well but at least it's a later start for me as I have a dentist appointment, anything to get out of work :lol:

Fingers crossed the yellow thing in the sky stays with us and dries things out a bit :)

Anyway onwards to having my teeth being prodded and poked with those bloody sharp things the dentist uses :(
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning all,
    What a beautiful morning. Shame I can only just see a window from my desk, not that the view of sunny Feltham is particularly good.
    Glorious weekend topped off with a couple of pints last night followed by what will undoubtedly be a dull day. Could be worse though, at least I'm not going to the dentist.
    Where's Stevo this week? Did he say he was going somewhere?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    Hangover free Monday... Get in.

Painting skirting board when I get home... Get out.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

First proper day in uni hospital. Should be fun, slightly bricking it, start at 8 and at 9 get my first consults and my own cases... also not looking forward to the long days.

TTFN
    Just do what the rest of us placement students do at work (ie nothing)
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

TTFN

Speak for yourself, Uni is my day off
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599
    Morning,

Stocktake, interviews, meeting, losing the will to live.

Will need to get slightly H'd later to compensate.

Laters
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Meh. Have just fired disloyal minion.

Now waiting for them to come back with the company phone and laptop.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Happy monday one and all!

Shyte all going on here so this afternoon i will be doing gym, minor emails, shopping for a work colleagues leaving gift and watching a film, think its something about 300. 300 what? i'm not sure!

Anyhoo, toodle pip!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • ste_t
    ste_t Posts: 1,599

Got a job going? I make a great cappuccino if that helps?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    ste_t wrote:

Sorry, but I need to restore the balance of the office by employing somebody young, female and accepting of un-announced gifts.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

TTFN

Speak for yourself, Uni is my day off

It was a joke, I actually do so much that my senior is worried ill burn out. None of the previous years students there ever did any work apparently.
  • tlw1
    ste_t wrote:

Sorry, but I need to restore the balance of the office by employing somebody young, female and accepting of un-announced gifts.

its the internet - it's a good chance Ste_t is all of those things - you didn't mention weight or looks
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

TTFN

Wish I could but if I've got my own cases to manage and if I don't do anything a) I'll get told off b) there's the possibility some of them will die c) I'll get told off some more
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Morning bumders

TTFN

Wish I could but if I've got my own cases to manage and if I don't do anything a) I'll get told off b) there's the possibility some of them will die c) I'll get told off some more

Pah :roll:

Just take Homer Simpsons advice for career progression...
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,419
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm back :)

Evening Feckwits,

Now walking like a spaz after stubbing my toes when I ran out of talent and cased a jump in the snowpark :P Where I went had ads and signs for bike parks almost everywhere - could be an excuse to go back in the summer...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm back :)

Evening Feckwits,

Now walking like a spaz after stubbing my toes when I ran out of talent and cased a jump in the snowpark :P Where I went had ads and signs for bike parks almost everywhere - could be an excuse to go back in the summer...

You're been away?
  • Stevo_666
    matthew h wrote:
    You're been away?
    I told you not to hit the ale on a school night :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You're been away?

Sober as a clank
  • Stevo_666
    Only half pissed then?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Only half pissed then?

:D
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    matthew h wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    matthew h wrote:
    You're been away?

Sober as a clank

O hai.

Good news, everybody.....

The car works. Finally. And well it works, too. Weekend was good as well - in addition to just about finishing the car (to find the s*dding battery had died after 3 weeks in Skunkworks), I got let loose on an 8k bike at Cannock and fell in love with an SB66 half her price. Damn, I'm fickle.

Damn, I want that bike. However, I'm still paying for a f***ing cylinder head!

M'eh. Life goes on. ......particularly for the car!

Onwards!
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.