New Whyte M109

colincarter
colincarter Posts: 16
edited March 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Just got back into Mountain Biking after a few years since i sold my Carbon Stumpjumper.

Thought i would get a full suspended XC bike this time as I'm not into extreme downhill or trail centre runs and ended up with the Whyte M109 (2013).

Getting the 2013 edition rather than the new 2014 allowed me to strip off all the deore and SLX parts and replace them with a full Shimano XTR Groupset which performs superbly.

Really enjoying the bike and i can't see me really changing the spec anymore except perhaps a KS Lev dropper seat post which seem to be all in fashion at the moment.

picture taken about half way around my local 12 mile loop with my iPhone.

13014748205_c8b7c0e528_o.jpg

Comments

• Get a refund!
    On your iPhone that is can barely make out the shape of a bike there mate. :lol:
    I phones have them top of the range VGA cameras nowadays?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    Get a refund!
    On your iPhone that is can barely make out the shape of a bike there mate. :lol:

I don't see what the problem is - there's a perfectly viewable photo there. Nice bike!

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Nice I have seen a few of the new Whyte 29ers about and they look the dogs danglies. Where was the photo taken that hill looks annoyingly familiar.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:
    Nice I have seen a few of the new Whyte 29ers about and they look the dogs danglies. Where was the photo taken that hill looks annoyingly familiar.

thanks, its actually called High Cliffe and it overlooks the town of Guisborough in Cleveland.
  • Get a refund!

I could have taken my Nikon D800 or D4 DSLR's up there with an assortment of lenses and got something a lot better but i don't like carryting that sort of stuff on bike rides.

I do need to get a decent pocket camera though, i hate cameras on phones.

the iPhone has an 8 pixel camera but i could only upload a small 640 x 480 shot to this forum for some reason, perhaps i need to host a larger photo from my flickr account

i might get something like a small mirrorless camera or Canon G1X MK2 before too long.
  • declan1 wrote:
    Get a refund!

I don't see what the problem is - there's a perfectly viewable photo there. Nice bike!

thank you, I'm certainly enjoying being back on a bike again
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    Looks great, loving 29" wheels myself as well.
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Nice bike though.

thanks
  • stubs

the iPhone has an 8 pixel camera but i could only upload a small 640 x 480 shot to this forum for some reason, perhaps i need to host a larger photo from my flickr account

I think that size is the default on flickr but you can choose a whole range of sizes when you click the share button there is a drop down arrow to pick your size. Best not to go to big though it eats up bandwidth and the mods dont like it.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • BigStu2 wrote:
    Looks great, loving 29" wheels myself as well.

thank you, the 29'rs seem to be really great at smoothing out trails etc.
  • stubs wrote:

I think that size is the default on flickr but you can choose a whole range of sizes when you click the share button there is a drop down arrow to pick your size. Best not to go to big though it eats up bandwidth and the mods dont like it.

I've just put a slightly larger version up from flickr, hope its better

if anyone wants to see it even larger the link to the image on flickr is

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theapertur ... 014748205/
  • stubs
    stubs wrote:

thanks, its actually called High Cliffe and it overlooks the town of Guisborough in Cleveland.

Not where I was thinking of I was thinking somewhere in the Peak district around the Manifold Valley. Nice place Guisbrough my mum is from Whitby and I used to spend summer hols in the area with the Yorkshire branch.
  • stubs wrote:
    stubs wrote:

Not where I was thinking of I was thinking somewhere in the Peak district around the Manifold Valley. Nice place Guisbrough my mum is from Whitby and I used to spend summer hols in the area with the Yorkshire branch.

Whitby, awesome place i spend a lot of time there doing landscape photography.

Whitby also do the best fish and chips in the world IMO, they are fantastic.
  • Lovely bike!
    Just got a 29er hardtail myself and loving it, would definitely have one of these in an instant if I get a full suss too.
  • Lovely bike!
    Just got a 29er hardtail myself and loving it, would definitely have one of these in an instant if I get a full suss too.

thanks, i actually went in to the LBS for a hard tail and came out with this.

Which hard tail did you get? i was looking at the 729 or the carbon 29c
  • Kowalski675
    Kowalski675 Posts: 4,412

They have some pretty good competition in Bowness On Windermere.
  • Whitby also do the best fish and chips in the world IMO, they are fantastic.

They have some pretty good competition in Bowness On Windermere.

Yep I go to the Lake District a lot, their fish and chips are excellent too.
  • Lewis A
    Lewis A Posts: 767

+1! the bike looks amazing!
    Cube Analog 2012 with various upgrades.
  • Lovely bike!

I got a Cube ltd sl. Ordered the pro but the shop (Tredz, fantastic service) had trouble delivering it on time so offered me an upgrade to the sl at no extra cost!! I was well happy with that. Just got back from a really enjoyable ride now, absolutely loving it and couldn't see myself going back to 26" ever again.
    James
  • Lovely bike!

I got a Cube ltd sl. Ordered the pro but the shop (Tredz, fantastic service) had trouble delivering it on time so offered me an upgrade to the sl at no extra cost!! I was well happy with that. Just got back from a really enjoyable ride now, absolutely loving it and couldn't see myself going back to 26" ever again.
    James

excellent bike. i believe there is actually a cube showroom about an hour drive from where i live.

i looked at them too but didn't realise there was a showroom then and didn't fancy buying a bike off the internet. I shouldn't have worried, they always get great reviews and the spec you get for the price is amazing.
  • Lewis A wrote:

+1! the bike looks amazing!

thank you, I'm really pleased with it.
  • Lovely bike!

James

excellent bike. i believe there is actually a cube showroom about an hour drive from where i live.

i looked at them too but didn't realise there was a showroom then and didn't fancy buying a bike off the internet. I shouldn't have worried, they always get great reviews and the spec you get for the price is amazing.

Yeah I couldn't quite believe the spec upgrade on the sl from the pro!! Very pleased with it so far and build quality is superb.
    James
  • Lovely bike!

James

Yeah I couldn't quite believe the spec upgrade on the sl from the pro!! Very pleased with it so far and build quality is superb.
    James

just had a look at the cube sL on the cube site. great looking bike