not hungover saturday

bg13
bg13 Posts: 4,598
edited March 2014 in The Crudcatcher
morning gits,

woke up too early as got properly clanked last night, will lie in till lunch or until mrs13 gets the bacons.

Six nations excitement is building, come on yooooooo england!

toodle pip
Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
Ribble Audax
On One Scandal 29er

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    At work, sucks.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Today I shall be riding lots of bikes at Cannock, in order to try and decide what to blow the remains of my loan and work earnings on later in the year... 1st world problems yo!!!

Laters
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Morning Crudites. Today I will be mostly resting a knackered right calf muscle. Drinking gin and doing bugger all else.

Love n Hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Morning Crudites. Today I will be mostly resting a knackered right calf muscle. Drinking gin and doing bugger all else.

Love n Hugs

DD

Welcome back DD
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Morning

No hangover despite my best efforts

Had a decent run and now off to take the kids to swimming lessons followed by milkshakes. Later is early evening drinks followed by a rare Saturday night in - looking forward to it
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    The Rookie wrote:
    At work, sucks.

Thought you were in the car industry, not blow job.
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

Well, the winner from yesterdays "guess the leaking problem" was won by Clank! Turned out that my not-even-a-year-old radiator was leaking. This was due to a mount for the radiator breaking, so the it was slowly rubbing away, causing a hole.
    The mechanic was saying that at any moment, the radiator could have fallen off, causing multiple issues. Along with the radiator, the engine management light was on because the EGR valve was knackered, so he's replacing that. There was also a leak at the back of the car, but that's just a small pipe that needed replacing.

He misquoted me. He thought all parts would cost £350, but they were actually £450, so he's repairing all this for £65 labour. Still, this car is about to cost me over £500 :( I've decided this is the cars last chance. Next time a 'major' problem occurs, I'm getting rid. Not sure what I'll do without a car (though hopefully will have a motorbike), but I can't afford this one any more.

Sorry for the novel there. Here's a picture to make up for it
    103747596_sexy_brunette_21_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    Morning Losers!

Well, the winner from yesterdays "guess the leaking problem" was won by Clank! Turned out that my not-even-a-year-old radiator was leaking. This was due to a mount for the radiator breaking, so the it was slowly rubbing away, causing a hole.
    The mechanic was saying that at any moment, the radiator could have fallen off, causing multiple issues. Along with the radiator, the engine management light was on because the EGR valve was knackered, so he's replacing that. There was also a leak at the back of the car, but that's just a small pipe that needed replacing.

He misquoted me. He thought all parts would cost £350, but they were actually £450, so he's repairing all this for £65 labour. Still, this car is about to cost me over £500 :( I've decided this is the cars last chance. Next time a 'major' problem occurs, I'm getting rid. Not sure what I'll do without a car (though hopefully will have a motorbike), but I can't afford this one any more.

Sorry for the novel there. Here's a picture to make up for it
    103747596_sexy_brunette_21_answer_6_xlarge.jpeg

Laters!

Cars can sometimes be really sh1t, but seeing that wrought ironwork on those railings has helped lift my spirits!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning crudulikes
    Son has gone for a hike for his D of E, due to his mother's fretting he has taken enough food to feed an army. Mind you, that boy can eat.
    I'm going to generally bum around and do as little as possible. Too nice a day to do the stuff I should be doing.
    Nice railings TKM, glad it's not the head at least. If you're thinking of getting shot it may be better to do it before something else goes bang again. Depending on what it is it may be worthless with a problem.
  • thekickingmule
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Nice railings TKM, glad it's not the head at least. If you're thinking of getting shot it may be better to do it before something else goes bang again. Depending on what it is it may be worthless with a problem.
    Yeah, it's not a write-off yet, but any more and it will be. If I could afford to, I would get rid in about 6 months, but I have literally no money for a deposit what-so-ever, so would only be able to buy a carppy car, which could cost me even more money, and so the cycle continues. That said, another problem, and I'll get rid and live without a car for a while as I'm planning on getting a motorbike for commuting needs
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • thekickingmule
    Turned out that my not-even-a-year-old radiator was leaking. This was due to a mount for the radiator breaking, so the it was slowly rubbing away, causing a hole.
    It wasn't the radiator mount, it was the ENGINE MOUNT!! He showed me it when I collected the car, and it had just sheered where the bolt is. He said it had probably been like that a while, and it was a matter of time before the engine just collapsed. If it had happened on the motorway, God knows what would have happened!

Still, it's working now, and I have to say, it's sounding a LOT healthier. He did point out that I need new brake discs and pads at the back :roll: so there's another hundred quid to spend (I've known about this for a while though)
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Evening Gits,

Sat in a bar in Champery watching the footy and making the ached in my legs go away with beer :) Steak for dinner later then it's back to the hotel bar to see if the group of fit burds are still there and pissed enough to talk to us :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    TKM, you think you've had an expensive day! :P Demo day was awesome and I finally got to have a go on a Santa Cruz Solo Carbon... all £8600 of it... What. A. Bike. Now I have found my next bike, admittedly with not as bling a build kit (it was the full XX1/Enve build I rode)... Now to scheme how to afford it!
  • bg13
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gits,

Sat in a bar in Champery watching the footy and making the ached in my legs go away with beer :) Steak for dinner later then it's back to the hotel bar to see if the group of fit burds are still there and pissed enough to talk to us :P

What are you doing in Champery stevo?

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Went on the demo day over Cannock was awesome kudos to Leisure Lakes, unfortunately I now need either the lapierre spicy or orange alpine in my life incredible machines ! Just wished the frenchie would make like one and surrender as it was ruthless whereas I crashed the orange :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    bg13 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Evening Gits,

What are you doing in Champery stevo?
    Not biking unfortunately - by all accounts its an ace place for DH. There's even an old Scott Gambler in the boot room!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]